Italy has been fighting in France as Ger Allied since sept

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

swedewolf
Major
Human: Yes

Italy has been fighting in France as Ger Allied since sept

Post by swedewolf »

Sept 39 and taking many areas while Germany was fighting in Poland, now I got a msg saying they just Declared war on France???????????????????????????????
Ok they where allied with Germany since early -39 and ofcource fought against France when they declared war against Germany after they attacked Polen. But to declare war now in late Oktober again makes me worried. Am I gonna enjoy this game as a normal ww2 game. At the moment I feel very confused.
Aragos
General

Re: Italy has been fighting in France as Ger Allied since se

Post by Aragos »

I'm confused as well. Which country are you playing?

The Sept 1939 events (and December 1941 events) are hard-coded and happen no matter what. It is useless, in this version of the game, to attempt to ally between Axis and Allied countries. They will go to war no matter what, based on when they did so historically.
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

Aragos wrote:I'm confused as well. Which country are you playing?

The Sept 1939 events (and December 1941 events) are hard-coded and happen no matter what. It is useless, in this version of the game, to attempt to ally between Axis and Allied countries. They will go to war no matter what, based on when they did so historically.

Im playing England.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Ah, ok.

My bet is your planes overflew Germany before war and were shot at. You can turn that off under the Defense tab.
The declaration of war by Germany sounds like a bug/glitch--it happens sometimes and the game still needs work. It doesn't change the ongoing war status, so you can ignore it.
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

Yup, they still need work but Im sure they fix it, just seing their comments in the forums telling me they got the the grit for it :)
Scout34
Corporal

Post by Scout34 »

I'm playing as Germany in the 1936 campaign and something similar is happening. In this case Italy is overrunning France by attacking from Germany into the Maginot. The French have not deployed any mobile units and are only using garrisons. Barracks are being overrun but their units are not deploying. Its like the French Armed Forces are sitting this out, way too easy.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”