auto-disabled captured facilities - wasd?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Ozi
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

auto-disabled captured facilities - wasd?

Post by Ozi »

Capturing facilities i noticed they are (damaged or healthy doesnt matter) set to pause (red screw wrench) and NOT repaired automatically. That leads to the Problem that i have to manually repair EVERY single facility i capture. Thats so incredibly annoying click work...

Is that wasd? If so, the game will be put to the shelve...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: auto-disabled captured facilities - wasd?

Post by Balthagor »

Hello,

Please help reduce forum clutter and use the search function before starting a new thread;

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 70&t=22555

This was discussed on a few occasions during the Early Access phase. For proper game balance the decision was that damaged facilities should not autorepair. Attempts were made to add a panel that allowed for simply bulk changes to auto-repair settings however the panel implementation ran into problems too late to be fixed for the official release. The panel was pulled until we can fix it. This is one of our top priorities.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Ozi
Lieutenant

Post by Ozi »

too sad you guys pushed it... makes the game nearly unplayable if you ask me.
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

I would at least have the ai start facilities back up when they had the proper amount of Industrial goods
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Ozi wrote:too sad you guys pushed it... makes the game nearly unplayable if you ask me.
I've played multiple campaigns, scenarios and MP games without issues. Sorry this is such a frustration for you. As mentioned, it's a high priority for us to improve this.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Ozi
Lieutenant

Post by Ozi »

i wonder how you managed to mentally stand clicking thousands of hexes? or didnt you fix the installations at all?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I only fixed the ones I really needed. Rest of the time I built new structures if I needed.

Usually I found that if I tried to repair everything as fast as I took it I couldn't keep up on the required industrial goods.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Athene
Lieutenant

Post by Athene »

Balthagor wrote:I only fixed the ones I really needed. Rest of the time I built new structures if I needed.

Usually I found that if I tried to repair everything as fast as I took it I couldn't keep up on the required industrial goods.
Simplest solution would have been to put repairs in the lowest priority for industrial goods consumption so that only the leftovers not needed to produce consumer and military goods would be used for repairs and facilities would gradually repair over time as industrial goods became available.
pauliuzz
Corporal

Post by pauliuzz »

Ozi wrote:i wonder how you managed to mentally stand clicking thousands of hexes? or didnt you fix the installations at all?
You don't need to click on every hex, you can simply open List of all your cities or complexes under LAND tab.

Athene
Lieutenant

Post by Athene »

pauliuzz wrote:
Ozi wrote:i wonder how you managed to mentally stand clicking thousands of hexes? or didnt you fix the installations at all?
You don't need to click on every hex, you can simply open List of all your cities or complexes under LAND tab.
It's even worse considering you most likely don't know the name of every city you just conquered and if you just go in order from top to bottom you're gonna waste more time going trough cities you already owned or cities with no facilities to repair.
pauliuzz
Corporal

Post by pauliuzz »

Ozi wrote: It's even worse considering you most likely don't know the name of every city you just conquered and if you just go in order from top to bottom you're gonna waste more time going trough cities you already owned or cities with no facilities to repair.
Damaged cities have that red icon on the right, so its easy and fast way, me personally repaired more than 100 of cities and complexes using this.
Chef Goldblum
Private

Post by Chef Goldblum »

would be cool if you could just drop a couple engineers in these newly conquered areas and theyll get to work on rebuilding these red areas and getting them all back online so I dont have to click through thousands of hexes.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Athene wrote:Simplest solution would have been to put repairs in the lowest priority for industrial goods consumption so that only the leftovers not needed to produce consumer and military goods would be used for repairs and facilities would gradually repair over time as industrial goods became available.
But then the AI would spend the first 60-90 days burning up all remaining stock (because it had enough to do all it's production + do repairs by drawing on stock) then would run into the inability to repair AND would be short on the stock needed for other stuff. All regions in the world repairing all the time also cranked up the market demand to extreme levels making "have" regions super rich. In the 1930s, when a city got damaged, the government didn't immediately allocate resources to repair it.

As I mentioned, this was played with during the Early Access. We've been down a few paths like this.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Athene
Lieutenant

Post by Athene »

Balthagor wrote:
Athene wrote:Simplest solution would have been to put repairs in the lowest priority for industrial goods consumption so that only the leftovers not needed to produce consumer and military goods would be used for repairs and facilities would gradually repair over time as industrial goods became available.
But then the AI would spend the first 60-90 days burning up all remaining stock (because it had enough to do all it's production + do repairs by drawing on stock) then would run into the inability to repair AND would be short on the stock needed for other stuff. All regions in the world repairing all the time also cranked up the market demand to extreme levels making "have" regions super rich. In the 1930s, when a city got damaged, the government didn't immediately allocate resources to repair it.

As I mentioned, this was played with during the Early Access. We've been down a few paths like this.
If AI has enough IG for production any surplus is really useless and can be allocated to repairs. If AI has no surplus then obviously they won't repair because production would be higher priority than repairs. I think it's a better solution than having the AI completely incapable of doing repairs making conquest completely pointless.

After the occupation of France Germany started right away converting their industrial infrastructure to produce material for the war effort, France was more productive under German occupation than before the war. Japan used the vast resources in the occupied portion of China as well and the Dutch Indies campaign was all about gaining control of the oil rich islands. Germany operation Barbarossa was all about gaining control of resources rich areas to fuel German economy, especially the oil rich Caucasus. As it stands now any conquest made by AI in the game is useless unless they build new facilities, which would cost more IG and time than just repairing in the first place!
Andreas
Corporal

Post by Andreas »

Pls enable some kind of auto repair. Having to klick at every single city / facility is incredibly anoying... This game has so much potential and is giving so much away, just due to some ui / ai design (or missing design). Pls do care for userfriendlines, i want to figth other countries, not the ui...

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”