auto-disabled captured facilities - wasd?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Inzann
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Re: auto-disabled captured facilities - wasd?

Post by Inzann »

Andreas wrote:Pls enable some kind of auto repair. Having to klick at every single city / facility is incredibly anoying... This game has so much potential and is giving so much away, just due to some ui / ai design (or missing design). Pls do care for userfriendlines, i want to figth other countries, not the ui...
I agree with you completely, I just found out about this having to repair every single factory in every hex I captured, so tedious and I don't understand why the auto-repair was removed. Shouldn't even be removed until there was a permanent fix for it.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Balthagor wrote:...This is one of our top priorities.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Andreas
Corporal

Post by Andreas »

Balthagor wrote:

But thats issues that really should have been adressed before realease, e.g. in Early Access..... Unfortunately most puplishers care more for deadlines than for finished games
Rhaycen
Major

Post by Rhaycen »

But thats issues that really should have been adressed before realease, e.g. in Early Access..... Unfortunately most puplishers care more for deadlines than for finished games
Really?

Having issues with unreasonable expectations here, this is a $30-40 game in an age most games are $60-70, from a small studio that is obviously working with limited resources.
With the exception of a very irritating bug that entered the game with the release version that doesn't seem to allow Annex/Colonize/Liberate the game was and is pretty close to ready for release by any of todays standards. If you wish to wait until every last bug and error has been removed and the game is perfectly polished to your personal liking then you should probably never buy any games within a year of release.
Von Bismarck
Captain

Post by Von Bismarck »

Really?

Having issues with unreasonable expectations here, this is a $30-40 game in an age most games are $60-70, from a small studio that is obviously working with limited resources.
With the exception of a very irritating bug that entered the game with the release version that doesn't seem to allow Annex/Colonize/Liberate the game was and is pretty close to ready for release by any of todays standards. If you wish to wait until every last bug and error has been removed and the game is perfectly polished to your personal liking then you should probably never buy any games within a year of release.
Hear! Hear!! Well said Rhaycen. I usually don't like to discourage new posters from posting, but this opinionated view is not one that I share. I for one am very grateful for this game and am glad to contribute my $30.
Athene
Lieutenant

Post by Athene »

Rhaycen wrote: Really?

The only games sold at 60$ are AAA that often are worse than indie games. Besides the price tag should not mean the game should be allowed to have bugs/half finished features in it.

This particular issue is something that they decided to change from previous games but didn't fully implement before release. The result is the AI cannot repair facilities they conquered and the player has to waste time and patience to do it manually hex by hex. It would have made sense not to make this change if the rework wasn't ready and push it back for future patches while leaving the auto repair as it used to be until the rework was ready.
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

The price argument isnt valid.
In euros the game is 36.99 on steam, that makes around 50$ :) which is the common price for classic AAA games on steam (30-49€ range)

Also the argument of waiting 1 year to have a nice game isnt valid (X-Rebirth anyone?^^). It is a bad habit from developers of the last 20 years to release unfinished/buggy games because of financial issues (or lack of manpower, but its still linked to financial issue).
In the 90s it was different (for sure we had buggy games but much less, and we didnt have internet for those patches, so devs use to make more polished products. Patches were coming on floppies or cds but not eveyone had a video game magazine subscription).
Its a general view, that doesnt really apply to Battlegoat here, even if i dont really like to see a game given the gold status when its is clearly not tested in full, and that's the case here :) A matter of point of view i guess.

And i recall manual repair was implemented at some point during early access, before it was working like in Cold war iirc. First i thought its cool, then i realized how messy it was with dozens of cities to repair (when those had more than one hex to repair).
Rhaycen
Major

Post by Rhaycen »

I don't actually repair anything in conquered cities except for the cities themselves. Everything else gets scrapped for the Industrial Goods and moved to the homeland. (Except for oil rigs) So this issue that many people apparently feel super strongly about has never been an issue to me.

I was not using the price of the game as an excuse, but I do think some sense of realism needs to be used. I haven't played a bug-free game since I played Pong, Asteroids & Tanks on my Atari 2600. Battlegoat is a small studio which is working on an extremely ambitious project with the SR series, so I think having reasonable expectations is only fair towards everyone.

The game has bugs, the game has issues .. yes they all need fixing ... but honestly .. I think they had to go to release just to have enough people playing it and give enough quantity of feedback to have a real chance of getting to some of these issues.

With a fairly small group of vocal early access people you quickly find yourself in an echo chamber where people are just repeating the same thing.

So in no way am I trying to tell people not to comment or mention bugs & problems, but keep in mind the reality of things before you start saying that everything needed to be fixed before the game went to release. Things you find to be a huge game-breaking problem might just be a minor inconvenience to others.
Ozi
Lieutenant

Post by Ozi »

1) AI doesnt repair
2) no real peace treaty through only annexing and NEVER beeing able to liberate a Country EVER in the future...

That makes the game a half WW2 game....
I would appreciate a real supreme ruler starting in 1936 and beeing able to shape the future of the world. And that cant be done with pure annexation if you ask me.

I appreciate the work and i think there are quite some Qualities on the games side... but 2 or 3 MAJOR issues for me making me not like to Play atm...
james1939
Corporal

Post by james1939 »

Let's not go off the deep end here. Let's be honest. It's a good game. I've been having quite a lot of fun with it. Now, granted, I have noticed about half a dozen very annoying bugs, which are a definite detriment.

But they are being worked on at the moment. This is actually the best time to be a gamer. The days when a half-finished piece of garbage could go out the door and the publishers walked away whistling and counting their money and shrugging at the people angry they bought a pile of trash are long gone.

I would like to think that I, along with most people, are forgiving of annoying crap and broken things in a newly-released game as long as the company is willing to make it good and continue supporting and developing their product.

With all this said, yeah, the captured facilities thing is a big one. It takes me longer to repair everything than it does to conquer the damned country.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Inzann wrote: I agree with you completely, I just found out about this having to repair every single factory in every hex I captured, so tedious and I don't understand why the auto-repair was removed. Shouldn't even be removed until there was a permanent fix for it.
I'm with you there. I can understand not wanting the overwhelm the player with crazy industrial goods demand.. but really unless there was another option already available and ready I don't think they should have removed the auto repair. Should really just have a setting IE: Repair all, Repair None, Repair military only, repair economic only. etc like a filter. Default to repair none if you really feel its necessary but this is like losing the ability to change defcon in CW.. a simple thing that can ruin gameplay.
Balthagor wrote:
Be that as it may its a valid complaint right now. :wink:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Andreas
Corporal

Post by Andreas »

Fistalis wrote:
Balthagor wrote:
Be that as it may its a valid complaint right now. :wink:

Btw. does anybody know if there is an estimated time of arrival for a patch? (and auto repair :wink: )
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

Balthagor wrote:
Feel free to make it THE top priority... I just can't play it like this!
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Andreas wrote:
Btw. does anybody know if there is an estimated time of arrival for a patch? (and auto repair :wink: )
depends on if they cuffed george to his desk again or not.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
stevehoos
Lieutenant

Post by stevehoos »

The repair facilities issue, the island hoping AI issues (Japan not expanding or sometimes not garrisoning islands they control with any units), the annexation/ liberate issue, and the AI repair facility issue are my big gripes. Not too bad for a release considering how complex this game is. I will support this company 100% because they actually care about opinions posted by people like myself. A perfect example of this was the minimization option for the UI. I happily gave BG my money and will continue to do so in the future.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”