How to build Garrisons?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Ozi
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

How to build Garrisons?

Post by Ozi »

I was wondering, since all my cities dont have garrisons, how i can build and (manually deploy them).
Secondly i was wondering if it can be automated that a) all cities are garrisoned and b) ALL Units are in reserve
Ozi
Lieutenant

Re: How to build Garrisons?

Post by Ozi »

Problem solved. click a City, go to "Land" and in the left bottom theres Grey garrisons. If you click them, you will garrison the City.
pauliuzz
Corporal

Post by pauliuzz »

You can right click on any city or complex and set number of troops garrisoned
Von Bismarck
Captain

Post by Von Bismarck »

I was wondering, since all my cities dont have garrisons, how i can build and (manually deploy them).
This one was pretty well answered. I would add that if you are at war, and there are enemy units in adjacent hexes, you can not install new garrisons.
Secondly i was wondering if it can be automated that a) all cities are garrisoned and b) ALL Units are in reserve
Not sure I understand your question fully, but here it goes...You have two ways that you can automate your garrisons, either to have or not to have them, you choose which one works best for you. I prefer not to have the AI do this for me so I lock the minister of Defense from controlling units as I start the game but if you don't care, then use the defense tab, then the minister tab, and next to his picture are options for controlling military postures, aggressive or pure defensive etc. See below
Automate Garrison1.jpg
This is a more general setting controlling multiple factors regarding your military posture
Automate garrisons2.jpg
This submenu seems to allow more specificity of control of that same military posture

Your garrison troops are separate from your regular military units (those that are produced at your fabrication plants) but come from the same manpower pool. I hope that helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”