Joining alliance (AXIS/ALLIES)

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Inzann
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Joining alliance (AXIS/ALLIES)

Post by Inzann »

How the hell do I do this as a neutral country? I am playing as Sweden and I have done everything to try and join Axis (ally with Germany). We have all 5 friendly bars full and I have all the treaties with them except formal alliance. I supported anything any axis country did and condemned anything an ally country did.

I followed this advice here even when I began the game but still they will never accept an alliance. I also have every treaty with every other axis country except formal alliance as well. (Mainly Italy, Hungary, Romania and Japan.) I figured this game would let me change history and not be hardcoded to follow history paths, what is the fun in this? :/
Jacklax100 wrote:Here is my advice:
1. Produce a lot of what ever material they are short on and trade with them. Make sure that they get more out of it than you.
2. Offer them Air and Sea transit.
3. Give them line of sight, nonaggression, and missile defense.
4. Continue to do this: press the diplomatic offer, go to money, and put in the best offer which will put a small sum of money in the offer and request nothing. Do this a lot.
5. Also give them tech they don't have, only 1 at a time.
6. Get good standing with members of the nation's sphere, their friends/allies, and neutral nations.
7. Finally offer an alliance to them. First offer either mutual defense and alliance and request the same or just a formal alliance. If they refuse both, then offer mutual defense and alliance but only request alliance. If this fails repeat steps 4 and 5.
That's all that I can help you, hope it works! :D
Edit: Apparently I'm leaning towards allies even though I did everything in my power not to. This game makes no sense, to scripted..
Zuikaku
General

Re: Joining alliance (AXIS/ALLIES)

Post by Zuikaku »

Inzann wrote:How the hell do I do this as a neutral country? I am playing as Sweden and I have done everything to try and join Axis (ally with Germany). We have all 5 friendly bars full and I have all the treaties with them except formal alliance. I supported anything any axis country did and condemned anything an ally country did.

I followed this advice here even when I began the game but still they will never accept an alliance. I also have every treaty with every other axis country except formal alliance as well. (Mainly Italy, Hungary, Romania and Japan.) I figured this game would let me change history and not be hardcoded to follow history paths, what is the fun in this? :/
Jacklax100 wrote:Here is my advice:
1. Produce a lot of what ever material they are short on and trade with them. Make sure that they get more out of it than you.
2. Offer them Air and Sea transit.
3. Give them line of sight, nonaggression, and missile defense.
4. Continue to do this: press the diplomatic offer, go to money, and put in the best offer which will put a small sum of money in the offer and request nothing. Do this a lot.
5. Also give them tech they don't have, only 1 at a time.
6. Get good standing with members of the nation's sphere, their friends/allies, and neutral nations.
7. Finally offer an alliance to them. First offer either mutual defense and alliance and request the same or just a formal alliance. If they refuse both, then offer mutual defense and alliance but only request alliance. If this fails repeat steps 4 and 5.
That's all that I can help you, hope it works! :D
Edit: Apparently I'm leaning towards allies even though I did everything in my power not to. This game makes no sense, to scripted..
I'm telling them that all the time |O
Please teach AI everything!
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

One of the developers said that its easy to mod and you can take all of the scripts out of the sandbox
Garethw87
Warrant Officer

Post by Garethw87 »

ZEvans96 wrote:One of the developers said that its easy to mod and you can take all of the scripts out of the sandbox
That shouldn't have to be the way
Rhaycen
Major

Post by Rhaycen »

Actually it should be that way ...

In this case "Sandbox" doesn't mean completely different from the campaigns .. for the most part it means being able to play in a similar environment with any nation on the planet.

You want to pick the Axis side as the Netherlands or Iran .. go right ahead. It is possible, but in many cases not easy to go against "history"
With some of the major players it is next to impossible due to the simple fact that they are said major players in historical events at the time but that doesn't mean it is completely impossible to alter history on your own.

When the game is further down the development line they might give us the option to switch off events ... or mods will pop up that do exactly that.

Right now, I prefer the challenge of seeing if I can alter history somewhat by picking smaller players in historical events and see if I can make a difference on a global scale.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Rhaycen wrote:Actually it should be that way ...
No it should NOT!!

Game mechanics should NOT ignore player's actions. We are not talking about events here, but game mechanics completely ignoring player actions and forcing him to historical relations/results no matter what he does. And that is wrong!!
Please teach AI everything!
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

Zuikaku wrote:
No it should NOT!!

Game mechanics should NOT ignore player's actions. We are not talking about events here, but game mechanics completely ignoring player actions and forcing him to historical relations/results no matter what he does. And that is wrong!!
I agree, I would like to see an AI responding to what I do. But we gotta work with what we have.
Inzann
Warrant Officer

Post by Inzann »

But by these events, do you mean such things like "Germany has annexed XXX." I choose to SUPPORT all the time and what it gives me jack **** for it. Might as well just delete that "support/condemn" buttons as they don't do anything. I realize history is somewhat scripted in the game, but the whole point of us actually playing this game is to see if we can change the history for different outcome. If every strategic game played out exactly as in real life then what is the point of the player playing the game? For a game based in 1936 this seems like it would be a given feature for players to be able to join the alliances they want, yet it is not there which is truly disappointing. I really wish this will be fixed / patched in. So much scripted events for a geo-political simulator is yuck. :(
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

Inzann wrote:But by these events, do you mean such things like "Germany has annexed XXX." I choose to SUPPORT all the time and what it gives me jack **** for it. Might as well just delete that "support/condemn" buttons as they don't do anything. I realize history is somewhat scripted in the game, but the whole point of us actually playing this game is to see if we can change the history for different outcome. If every strategic game played out exactly as in real life then what is the point of the player playing the game? For a game based in 1936 this seems like it would be a given feature for players to be able to join the alliances they want, yet it is not there which is truly disappointing. I really wish this will be fixed / patched in. So much scripted events for a geo-political simulator is yuck. :(
I agree, I was talking to a Dev and he asked for some variables that would change whether or not an event happened. Like if I was USA and didn't want Japan to attack me I could get friendly relations with them and they wouldn't attack.
Garethw87
Warrant Officer

Post by Garethw87 »

In this case "Sandbox" doesn't mean completely different from the campaigns .. for the most part it means being able to play in a similar environment with any nation on the planet.

You want to pick the Axis side as the Netherlands or Iran .. go right ahead. It is possible, but in many cases not easy to go against "history"
With some of the major players it is next to impossible due to the simple fact that they are said major players in historical events at the time but that doesn't mean it is completely impossible to alter history on your own.

When the game is further down the development line they might give us the option to switch off events ... or mods will pop up that do exactly that.

Right now, I prefer the challenge of seeing if I can alter history somewhat by picking smaller players in historical events and see if I can make a difference on a global scale.
I apologies, I was at work when I commented and didn't see the 'sandbox' part!

Although if you are playing Sandbox it should be what it is, nothing is scripted! If I want to play the UK and dump the allies to help Germany I should be able to, isn't that what 'sandbox' gaming is?!
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

Garethw87 wrote:

I apologies, I was at work when I commented and didn't see the 'sandbox' part!

Although if you are playing Sandbox it should be what it is, nothing is scripted! If I want to play the UK and dump the allies to help Germany I should be able to, isn't that what 'sandbox' gaming is?!
But without the events there might not be a world war 2 in which you can support Germany
Rhaycen
Major

Post by Rhaycen »

Exactly, Sandbox allow for more freedom ... but some of you don't seem to want there to be sand in the sandbox.

At some point someone will create a "shattered world" Mod in which there are no alliances, no sides, no political preferences ...
While I'm of the opinion that the current sandbox game needs to become a lot more flexible, and the choice the AI makes need to make a little bit more sense. Do keep in mind that is it a lot easier for someone to strip all the events from the game then it is for someone to completely rewrite history into it.
Inzann
Warrant Officer

Post by Inzann »

I want all the events that trigger WW2. And I want every OTHER nation to play out as they did in WW2, but ME the player nation should be able to alter the history of my ruled nation. I should be able to join AXIS or ALLIES whichever I please. That is what sandbox means to me, I want to be able to change the outcome of history. Sure I can declare war on UK as a neutral country but that wont matter for **** when there are no powerful allies to back me (since I can't ally anyone). So as a minor nation playing sandbox, all I can do is sit and watch WW2 play out and focus on internal matters until one day no matter what my previous actions were, I will lean towards allies and be able to join in on the fun.

TL:DR: Let us choose what alliances we want to be part of. ._.
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

I believe that all events should have "eventbnotifhuman" record and "eventbnotifotherhu" record set to 1 so they don't interfere with the human player.
Con forza ed ardimento
Von Bismarck
Captain

Post by Von Bismarck »

TL:DR: Let us choose what alliances we want to be part of. ._.
I don't usually play as a smaller nation, so this issue doesn't really affect my game-play, but I wanted to express my agreement with the sentiment that we should, no matter how hard it may be to attain, be able to switch political associations/alliances. There should be a way to do this, even if it costs you world wide approval.

Sometimes, if BG does not see enough concern about an issue in the way of negative or affirmative comments, then they decide it does not need to be fixed.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”