Questions about the game.

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Lapsa
Corporal
Human: Yes

Questions about the game.

Post by Lapsa »

I'm sorry to post this here...I am sure there is a FAQ that answers these questions some-where...
Any-how, I was looking at this game and had some questions before buying it, having bought your other games....
Firstly, you claim there are events in SR 1936. Are there actually events in this game? Like, that are real, meaningful, and have multiple outcomes? Is the Sudentenland and Annexation of Austria handled via event or scripted war?
Can you liberate nations?
Are there historically alternative nations?
Are there finally 'multi-loyalty' provinces?

Again, sorry. As I said, I paid for SRCW and it promised many things as well....
bluestreak2k5
Captain

Re: Questions about the game.

Post by bluestreak2k5 »

The events guide you through the game in the playable nations in campaign. You cannot play any country in campaign, only the majors.
Anchluss is an event, so is Treaty of Munich.

Their is a sandbox mode where you can play any nation, and the events will also happen, however things are not as scripted to happen in sandbox.

No liberating nations.
No multi-loyalty provinces... we tried to convince them :(.
Lapsa
Corporal

Post by Lapsa »

bluestreak2k5 wrote:The events guide you through the game in the playable nations in campaign. You cannot play any country in campaign, only the majors.
Anchluss is an event, so is Treaty of Munich.

Their is a sandbox mode where you can play any nation, and the events will also happen, however things are not as scripted to happen in sandbox.

No liberating nations.
No multi-loyalty provinces... we tried to convince them :(.
Ah I see. I think I'll save my-self 30USD then. Thank you for the reply. :3
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Understand the game is still in Beta testing. It is not complete yet.
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

Wonder if we'll ever get a sandbox game WITHOUT events. .... u know.... a sandbox sandbox version :/
Lapsa
Corporal

Post by Lapsa »

mattpilot wrote:
Wonder if we'll ever get a sandbox game WITHOUT events. .... u know.... a sandbox sandbox version :/
I think they should focus on making events and other stuff for the main game first. I mean, they are marketing it as a WWII game. But you can't really do any-thing....If you think about it. No Reformed Government of China, No Menjiang, No creating historical and ahistorical puppet nations.
Aragos wrote:Understand the game is still in Beta testing. It is not complete yet.
I think I'll stick with DH any-how, I already fell for SRCW... :3
Panzerleader
Warrant Officer

Post by Panzerleader »

Despite being in beta it is already an excellent game. It will only improve with time. I suggest that you buy it and contribute to it's development as the rest of us are doing. Cheers :)
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

Lapsa wrote:I think I'll stick with DH any-how, I already fell for SRCW... :3
If you want something like DH then this game is not for you, the two games are nothing like each other (I own DH and I know it's awesome). On the other hand, if you want a completely new take on WWII strategy then SR1936 is definitely worth a try.
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

Hello,

Unlike other BG games that i bought blindly before, i read in the early production posts on forum that there was no Spanish civil war and China was a united nation (no warlords factions, one merged nation).

So before i buy this game (which i would in the end but the 2 above really prevented me to get it in early access), has this changed with the lastest version?
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

Ok i bought the game and got my answers :) no spanish civil war (exept from a scipted event that switch the head of spain in 1938).

Btw Spain in 1936 isnt a dictatorship at all and isnt aligned with Axis! :o
I guess BG made this "easy" for the game engine. Make the axis switch with Franco, not with Azana who was the head of the Frente Popular, this is an insult to most spanish around here i guess :p

Now question :) will it be easy to mod this to have China and Spain historical whengame is launched? (in short is modding different from SRC or GC? i havent checked at all yet).

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”