Annexed loyalty

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Spookyashell
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Annexed loyalty

Post by Spookyashell »

When you annex a country, will they integrate into your country over time. I annexed Mexico in 1938. Will they always be 100% loyal to Mexico or is there anything I can do to get them to accept that they're americans over time? In Hearts of Iron (simular game) over time they accept their "fate".

Is there any way to release them again after I annexed them?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Annexed loyalty

Post by Balthagor »

Loyalty does not change.

You can't liberate after annexing.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Balthagor wrote:Loyalty does not change.

Is there any thought of changing this?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

number47 wrote:
Balthagor wrote:Loyalty does not change.

Is there any thought of changing this?
+1
And is there any thought of loyalty changing as it happens in real life...
Please teach AI everything!
Von Thoma
Warrant Officer

Post by Von Thoma »

Loyality will never change, when they are ANNEXED ... look at History !
Even after hundred of years there are problems ..

I am sure even Scotland would like to "kill" the English and prefer to be Independent and after some time "reunite§ with England to UK again, even it would be the same as now , the loyality would change a little bit, as the people will feel they had a FREE decision to do it ...

So in my Opinion ...
when Annexed never or 1% every 10 years up to a maximum, like 10% Dictatorship to 40% Democracy

So you will have to release them ,,, have good Relationship over 100 years or so and after that create an Union !

SO FOR THIS GAME SERIES no value, only in EU IV and CIV V it makes sense ,,,
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Von Thoma wrote:Loyality will never change, when they are ANNEXED ... look at History !
Even after hundred of years there are problems ..

I am sure even Scotland would like to "kill" the English and prefer to be Independent and after some time "reunite§ with England to UK again, even it would be the same as now , the loyality would change a little bit, as the people will feel they had a FREE decision to do it ...

So in my Opinion ...
when Annexed never or 1% every 10 years up to a maximum, like 10% Dictatorship to 40% Democracy

So you will have to release them ,,, have good Relationship over 100 years or so and after that create an Union !

SO FOR THIS GAME SERIES no value, only in EU IV and CIV V it makes sense ,,,
And you are so wrong!!

Let me remind you about some recent examples of loyalty change.
- Konigsberg in '45 switched loyalty to Russia
- Zadar (Zara) after WW2 switched loyalty to Croatia
- Large parts of Bosnia switched loyalty to Serbia
- Transylvania is switching its loyalty from hungarian to romanian even as we speak today (process begun in 1920, it is slow but it exist)
- East Prussia switched loyalty to Poland
- Sudeten switched loyalty to Czech
- parts of Palestina switched loyalty to Israel
- Hawaii switched loyalty to USA after annexation
- Formosa almost switched loyalty to Japan prior to WW2
- Tibet today is switching loyalty to China with less and less "hexes" being loyal to Tibet
- Large areas of India and Pakistan switched loyalty after gaining independance
- Turkish part of cyprus switched loyalty to Turkey
- many "hexes" in Letonia and Latvia switched loyalty to Russia during Cold war
- south tirol almost completely finished switching loyalty to Italy (it was Austrian)

There are more examples of this. So, please, do not say that loyalty change is not happening any more. Yes, it needs time, sometimes more and sometines less. But it happens and could happen. Domestic policies and government type greatly influences loyalty change.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

@ Zuikaku

some of your examples are true due to huge exodus of population loyal to the "other" side. As BG stated before, they have NO intention of implementing ethnic cleansing in to the game, I can't see your examples having relevance to this debate. (only if they change their mind and decide to implement EC) :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

number47 wrote:@ Zuikaku

some of your examples are true due to huge exodus of population loyal to the "other" side. As BG stated before, they have NO intention of implementing ethnic cleansing in to the game, I can't see your examples having relevance to this debate. (only if they change their mind and decide to implement EC) :wink:
I only gave examples that loyalty change do happen today. Some of examples are indeed a result of EC, but some (like Hawaii, northern Ireland and Tibet) are results of demographics, assimilation power of more populous regions and domestic policies and political systems. Not to mention settling areas with loyal population and changing loyalty due to changing of population structure without EC.
Von Thoma
Warrant Officer

Post by Von Thoma »

I still think,
after an annexed situation it isn't possible IN THAT TIMESPAN of this game ! 1936 - 1950
But of course you are right, it depends ...
there are too many aspects, when yes and when no, it wouldn't matter much for 14 years ...
if we will get "Supreme Ruler History" the devs have to look into that :-)

But what should be possible is that a DEMOCRACY could RELEASE a country even after annexation ...
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Von Thoma wrote:I still think,
after an annexed situation it isn't possible IN THAT TIMESPAN of this game ! 1936 - 1950
If we annex 150 non loyal hexes, ofcourse it isn't possible to convert them all. But a few hexes (especially near our loyal hexes) should be possible in timespan of 5-10 years. Especially if we are dictatorship and have something like propaganda tech, state press etc.
Von Thoma wrote:
But what should be possible is that a DEMOCRACY could RELEASE a country even after annexation ...
Every region, not only the one with democratical system, should be able to release non loyal hexes as new independant state. Just like we are able to release colonies. And teach AI how to do that too (when it had enough of guerillas and annexed regions that are not productive enough).
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I know I should have started with my usual response...

There is an existing thread for loyalty, the discussions about loyalty should take place in that thread.

Loyalty is unlike to change, at least for the official release. Releasing annexed territory I don't know, it has been suggested previously.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Balthagor wrote:I know I should have started with my usual response...

There is an existing thread for loyalty, the discussions about loyalty should take place in that thread.

Loyalty is unlike to change, at least for the official release. Releasing annexed territory I don't know, it has been suggested previously.
I think releasing annexed territory would be a cool feature. It would give the player more options, which is a good idea I think. :-)
Von Bismarck
Captain

Post by Von Bismarck »

Balthagor wrote:
I know I should have started with my usual response...

I think releasing annexed territory would be a cool feature. It would give the player more options, which is a good idea I think. :-)
I don't know how they would be able to do this, but I would like it as well. I would like to annex the entire Danzig corridor w/out keeping the rest of Poland or keeping the Crimea/Caucasus area w/out keeping all of Russia. I just don't know how they would be able to script a choice that would allow a selective partitioning of the country. :-(

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”