Newbie ?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Heracles87
Corporal
Human: Yes

Newbie ?

Post by Heracles87 »

Hello, new to the series with a big interest in WWII games. So as far as units go, is there any way to upgrade reserve/deployed units like in HOI? Or do I have to keep scrapping obsolete tanks/airplanes and building new ones?
SGTscuba
General

Re: Newbie ?

Post by SGTscuba »

No upgrading I'm afraid :(
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Heracles87
Corporal

Post by Heracles87 »

SGTscuba wrote:No upgrading I'm afraid :(
Wow! That sucks. Talk about micro management. I hope that is to be added to the game soon.
Spookyashell
Warrant Officer

Post by Spookyashell »

Heracles87 wrote:
SGTscuba wrote:No upgrading I'm afraid :(
Wow! That sucks. Talk about micro management. I hope that is to be added to the game soon.
Haven't checked yet in 1936, but in the prequel SR:cold war you could set the minister to scarp outdated units.
Von Bismarck
Captain

Post by Von Bismarck »

Historically and optimally, there would be a way to refit units w/o losing unit experience. Unit history/experience should transfer over to new equipment with minimal effect to unit experience. I think it adds to the immersion effect of the game when you can track the unit history in war games and be able to incorporate equipment upgrades. The scale of this game does not really allow for historic OOB names, which I understand, but I miss it. A compromise would be to allow the equipment upgrade at a slightly reduced cost and time of building a new unit in order to take advantage of unit experience. Hopefully others agree.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”