Sudetenland Event

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Von Bismarck
Captain
Human: Yes

Sudetenland Event

Post by Von Bismarck »

Playing in Sandbox as Germany. The prompt for the Sudetenland event just triggered, but did not give the hex numbers that the campaign does. Can someone with a saved campaign game please list the hex info that I need to stack my units?

Thank you.
Von Bismarck
Captain

Re: Sudetenland Event

Post by Von Bismarck »

I found it, if anyone needs the coords they are:

908-150
896-150
889-154
893-158
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

The locations mentioned in the objective text are the Battle Zones of Dresden, Nürnberg, München, and Breslau. I've added these names into the sandbox email as well.
Baj00000
Sergeant

Post by Baj00000 »

Hi...I have a different problem with this event. It fired around Oct 1938 or so, then in late Feb 39 the South Part of Czechoslovakia detached and became a colony of mine. I then received a message to move more than 20 battalions into the remaining north part of Czechoslovakia to finalize the breakup of Czechoslovakia and make it a colony of mine as well. The message said to use the land transit agreement to do so, but I have no land transit agreement with the remaining piece of Czechoslovakia, and I do not think it likely that I will get one. Am I missing something? It is now around the end of March 1939.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Sounds like an error. Where you playing in Sandbox or Campaign?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Baj00000
Sergeant

Post by Baj00000 »

I am playing in the Campaign.
james1939
Corporal

Post by james1939 »

I'm having the same problem with this. Playing in Campaign mode on my second game. First game was pretty much just a learning experience, and all events went off without a problem. Sudetenland went fine.

Second game was my more serious attempt now that I knew a few things about the game, and the event just will not trigger. I've reloaded four or five times. First time I put 25 units (just to be sure) in both Munchen and Dresden. Nothing.

Second attempt I put about 40 in both thinking maybe units wandering out of the appropriate area was doing it and maybe more would fix it. Nada.

Third attempt I said the hell with it and mobilized my entire army and crammed 500 units around each area. Still nothing, and then I came here, and found out that apparently it's four places you need to put units in, not just two? Might I suggest you put that in the objective text, then? At any rate, I then crammed about 100 units into each of the hexes specified. No dice.

I'm having fun with this game despite its problems (which of course I'm prepared to forgive as it's quite new) and I would certainly like to know if this is a common issue or not.
Von Bismarck
Captain

Post by Von Bismarck »

I'm having the same problem with this. Playing in Campaign mode on my second game. First game was pretty much just a learning experience, and all events went off without a problem. Sudetenland went fine.

Second game was my more serious attempt now that I knew a few things about the game, and the event just will not trigger. I've reloaded four or five times. First time I put 25 units (just to be sure) in both Munchen and Dresden. Nothing.

Second attempt I put about 40 in both thinking maybe units wandering out of the appropriate area was doing it and maybe more would fix it. Nada.

Third attempt I said the hell with it and mobilized my entire army and crammed 500 units around each area. Still nothing, and then I came here, and found out that apparently it's four places you need to put units in, not just two? Might I suggest you put that in the objective text, then? At any rate, I then crammed about 100 units into each of the hexes specified. No dice.

I'm having fun with this game despite its problems (which of course I'm prepared to forgive as it's quite new) and I would certainly like to know if this is a common issue or not.
I am not playing the campaign any longer, but what I remember was that after I had stacked my units in the appropriate hexes it triggered the Sudetenland land-grab (the exterior areas of the Czech knob became German territory, it was basically only a one hex deep layer that skirted the Western half of the country). Small enough that you might have missed the borders changing.
Sudetenland.jpg
The second prompt had something to do with sending units into the Czech capital city (Prague I believe). After my unit entered, the rest of Czechoslovakia was annexed by Poland, Hungary, or turned into a German Colony. I remember I did not know exactly what to do after the prompt, but sure enough I was able to march into Prague with out a DoW on Czechoslovakia.

Try that, if you have not already.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
james1939
Corporal

Post by james1939 »

I am not playing the campaign any longer, but what I remember was that after I had stacked my units in the appropriate hexes it triggered the Sudetenland land-grab (the exterior areas of the Czech knob became German territory, it was basically only a one hex deep layer that skirted the Western half of the country). Small enough that you might have missed the borders changing.
Definitely not. It went all right the first game and it was noticeable, plus the objective was marked completed and I was given a new one. This time the borders never moved and the objective never updated.

I actually finally lost patience and went to war with Czechoslovakia instead, and about an ingame 16 months later I've conquered Czechoslovakia, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, France, and England, (let me tell you, marking about a thousand individual cities and buildings individually to repair was a ton of fun) and am gearing up to go after Russia - and my objective is still prompting me to get the Sudetenland. Kind of funny in an annoying sort of way that makes me wonder what else about the game is broken that I'm just not noticing.
The second prompt had something to do with sending units into the Czech capital city (Prague I believe). After my unit entered, the rest of Czechoslovakia was annexed by Poland, Hungary, or turned into a German Colony. I remember I did not know exactly what to do after the prompt, but sure enough I was able to march into Prague with out a DoW on Czechoslovakia.
Yeah, I remember that. Never got that objective the second go around. Still having fun with the game, and I'm sure it will be fantastic with a few more updates.
Von Bismarck
Captain

Post by Von Bismarck »

Definitely not. It went all right the first game and it was noticeable, plus the objective was marked completed and I was given a new one. This time the borders never moved and the objective never updated.
Well, I think if anyone has a saved game file where this occurs they can send it to Balt. This may be the only way to properly identify the issue.
Still having fun with the game, and I'm sure it will be fantastic with a few more updates.
+1
mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Post by mfisher12 »

james1939 wrote:I'm having the same problem with this. Playing in Campaign mode on my second game. First game was pretty much just a learning experience, and all events went off without a problem. Sudetenland went fine.

Playing sandbox mode, I got the Sudentenland trigger fine but it's now August 19, 1939 in my game and I've occupied Prague, but Czechoslovakia (both Bohemia-Moravia and Slovakia) is a colony. I've had no prompt to annex or colonize. I can still build there if I wish (though at a loyalty penalty), but I thought the area was supposed to merge completely with Germany?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

mfisher12 wrote:Playing sandbox mode, I got the Sudentenland trigger fine but it's now August 19, 1939 in my game and I've occupied Prague, but Czechoslovakia (both Bohemia-Moravia and Slovakia) is a colony. I've had no prompt to annex or colonize. I can still build there if I wish (though at a loyalty penalty), but I thought the area was supposed to merge completely with Germany?
They were supposed to become a colony, its designed that way. And you don't get loyalty penalty in colonies, only in annexed land. Colony is producing goods in its 100% loyalty and than giving all the resources you want to you. :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

But the problem is that Czech were annexed and not a colony :wink:
Please teach AI everything!
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Zuikaku wrote:But the problem is that Czech were annexed and not a colony :wink:
I just pointed out to him it is designed to work that way...nothing else :P
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Post by mfisher12 »

Thanks for the answers. Apparently, my pride in my knowledge of European WW2 history was overblown :)

Technically, Czechoslovakia wasn't a colony but a protectorate -- in SR36, basically the same thing for game purposes:

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-hist ... hoslovakia
That same day, German troops poured into Bohemia and Moravia. The two provinces offered no resistance, and they were quickly made a protectorate of Germany. By evening, Hitler made a triumphant entry into Prague
Should I assume that it will stay this way to the end of the game? Not that it's a big problem for me as I have the native German economy rolling pretty well. But I get annoyed with all those worthless Czech units sitting on my land production factories when I'm trying to build up for France.
number47 wrote:They were supposed to become a colony, its designed that way. And you don't get loyalty penalty in colonies, only in annexed land. Colony is producing goods in its 100% loyalty and than giving all the resources you want to you. :wink:
I see that now, thanks. I've already dismantled some of their military production, however, just to try to hold the line on inflation. I have my economy set up for minimal inflation, and I'm uncertain what adding a full Czech production capacity will do.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”