Sphere Leaders

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Hullu Hevonen
General

Sphere Leaders

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Sphere Leaders should be setable in .scenario and changable in-game. During world war 2, Britain was first considered the leader of the alliance with US later taking over.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: Sphere Leaders

Post by Fistalis »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:Sphere Leaders should be setable in .scenario and changable in-game. During world war 2, Britain was first considered the leader of the alliance with US later taking over.
I'm not sure we'll see the sphere system make a return. That being said if it does return I hope its more flexible as well. Having Sphere leaders determined by region ID is horrible.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:Sphere Leaders should be setable in .scenario and changable in-game. During world war 2, Britain was first considered the leader of the alliance with US later taking over.
Done.

After much internal studio debate, the Spheres are used as "Axis" and "Allied" with everything else falling outside those spheres. You can specify the sphere leaders in one of the data files (don't currently remember which).
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

Balthagor wrote:
Done.

After much internal studio debate, the Spheres are used as "Axis" and "Allied" with everything else falling outside those spheres. You can specify the sphere leaders in one of the data files (don't currently remember which).
I take it that it would be a huge mess to code 3 spheres?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Chesehead wrote:I take it that it would be a huge mess to code 3 spheres?
Probably, otherwise I believe they would have done it...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Balthagor wrote:
Done.

Great! Made it easier for modders, thnx :)
Happy Linux user!
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:
Done.

Are you sure its specified in a data file and not hardcoded based on region ID like it was in cold war. IF you wonder why i ask I only have to point the issue of the USSR showing up as china if people select modern world prior to starting a cold war campaign.

No its not a huge issue but I shouldn't have to explain work arounds to fix it lol
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I'm sure, I'll dig up the details of the files for you at some point.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Sigh. Not a big fan of the sphere system. WWII, at best, was more of a 5 Sphere war. Western Allies, Germany/Italy, USSR, Japan, and everybody else.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I would Agree :-)
Happy Linux user!

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”