Some Mini-Announcements

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

George Geczy
General

Some Mini-Announcements

Post by George Geczy »

As mentioned in other threads, we'll be making a number of announcements about SR1936 this month. Since we so love all of our BGForums followers, we think it's only right to give you all a heads up on a few things already discussed or hinted at...

BattleGoat will publish Supreme Ruler 1936 directly.

It has been great to work with Paradox the past few years on Supreme Ruler 2020 and Supreme Ruler Cold War... but with the changing landscape of distribution (digital versus retail, etc), it now makes sense for us to go to market as an "indie" studio and bring SR1936 directly to strategy gamers and fans. We'll be able to better control our marketing and distribution, offer faster turn-around on updates, and stay on top of all aspects of our release and distribution.

BattleGoat will launch a Kickstarter for Supreme Ruler 1936 by mid-October.

While most of the development of SR1936 has been funded directly by our studio, self-publishing adds many new challenges. A Kickstarter will allow us to generate additional funds to help work on more content for release, to help fund a beta test, and to help with the marketing and publishing of SR1936. It also allows us to offer "pre-release" special pricing to our followers and fans.

There will be a beta test launch for Supreme Ruler 1936 before the end of the year.

Most Kickstarter levels will also include an invitation to our beta test, which will likely be managed through Steam.

Supreme Ruler 1936 will be available on Steam and other outlets.

We are pleased to announce that we have signed with Steam and will be working closely with them to make SR1936 available on day 1, as well as working with them for any future updates and new content. We will also be available through other digital download stores, and Steam will not be a requirement to run SR1936, though additional features (achievements, cloud saves) will be available to Steam players. Players who fund us on Kickstarter will receive a key that can be installed with or without Steam.

Supreme Ruler 1936 will be released Q1 2014 (probably)...

Things are coming along very nicely, but we need a bit more time to get more content in, as well as working on even more improvements to visuals, GUI, AI, and so on. We are on track to release by March 2014, though we will also be working closely with the Beta Test and that may have an effect on our final release date. Since we are self-publishing, we have full control of our release date, and will only release when the game is really ready.

-- George & the BattleGoats
Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Re: Some Mini-Announcements

Post by Zuikaku »

George Geczy wrote:
Things are coming along very nicely, but we need a bit more time to get more content in, as well as working on even more improvements to visuals, GUI, AI, and so on. We are on track to release by March 2014, though we will also be working closely with the Beta Test and that may have an effect on our final release date. Since we are self-publishing, we have full control of our release date, and will only release when the game is really ready.

-- George & the BattleGoats
Thanks for the info, very nice news indeed [_]B

Can you tell us which new content will be in SR1936 which was not in previous titles? You can just name few of them :D
Please teach AI everything!
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Glad to hear there will be a beta.. and that the plan is to not release til you feel its ready. (the beta being confirmed is the only real news to me here though)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Great news. Beta it til every single error, problem, et al is tracked down and fixed. Let's make this one a great game from day 1!
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Aragos wrote:Great news. Beta it til every single error, problem, et al is tracked down and fixed. Let's make this one a great game from day 1!
Hear, hear!
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

So since this beta will be through steam (I guess running it like Arma 3 did), does that mean all games require steam activation?
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

George Geczy wrote: Supreme Ruler 1936 will be available on Steam and other outlets.

We are pleased to announce that we have signed with Steam and will be working closely with them to make SR1936 available on day 1, as well as working with them for any future updates and new content. We will also be available through other digital download stores, and Steam will not be a requirement to run SR1936, though additional features (achievements, cloud saves) will be available to Steam players. Players who fund us on Kickstarter will receive a key that can be installed with or without Steam.
Will there be an option to have a hard copy of the game too? For example paying to have a backup DVD delivered in addition to the - non Steam - digital download or being allowed to make one such backup disk ourselves. Basically I`d like to have the possibility to install/reinstall the game without the need to have an account to a third party and to not be forced to have the game stored in a cloud system.

Thank you for the updates!
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

SGTscuba wrote:So since this beta will be through steam (I guess running it like Arma 3 did), does that mean all games require steam activation?
George Geczy wrote: Most Kickstarter levels will also include an invitation to our beta test, which will likely be managed through Steam. -Snip- We will also be available through other digital download stores, and Steam will not be a requirement to run SR1936, though additional features (achievements, cloud saves) will be available to Steam players. Players who fund us on Kickstarter will receive a key that can be installed with or without Steam.
Reading is your friend. :wink:
Beta yes.. finished game no.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

MK4 wrote:...or being allowed to make one such backup disk ourselves. Basically I`d like to have the possibility to install/reinstall the game without the need to have an account to a third party and to not be forced to have the game stored in a cloud system...
If you get the non-steam version you could backup the install file then reinstall without an internet connection.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

There`s a small game publisher that has a system where you buy the game online, download it directly to your PC (for a price increase you are also send a physical disc with the game and paper manual, but that`s besides the point) and can play the game straight away. You can buy the game without having to make an account or install any extra software and after payment you`re giving the download link and a serial number for the game. Basically as long as you make a backup copy and don`t lose the downloaded installer and the serial number you can reinstall the game anytime without any further hustle. If you`ll offer something like this I`m gonna be very pleased. Either way, I do wish you success with the new SR title!
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

MK4 wrote:Will there be an option to have a hard copy of the game too? For example paying to have a backup DVD delivered in addition to the - non Steam - digital download
We anticipate that one of the Kickstarter levels will include a physical copy with a (gasp!) printed manual (gasp!), in addition to the digital download.

The physical version will likely ship a couple of weeks after the digital release, to account for production delays. We're hoping that we may actually be in stores somewhere in the world too, and we're in a couple of discussions about that, but these days that isn't as likely as it used to be.

-- George.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

George Geczy wrote:
MK4 wrote: (gasp!) printed manual (gasp!), -- George.
I might have to get this version, Just so I can look threw it and find the stuff that did not make it into the game but are in the manual and complain about it on the forums.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Ruges wrote:
George Geczy wrote:
I might have to get this version, Just so I can look threw it and find the stuff that did not make it into the game but are in the manual and complain about it on the forums.
:evil:
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Ruges wrote:
George Geczy wrote:
This.
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

George Geczy wrote: The physical version will likely ship a couple of weeks after the digital release, to account for production delays. We're hoping that we may actually be in stores somewhere in the world too, and we're in a couple of discussions about that, but these days that isn't as likely as it used to be.
Personally I don`t find the place from where you can buy the DVD to be important. Whether it`s available in local stores too or only available to order online is equally fine imo. I suspect that the latter option would make more sense to you though since you seem more orientated towards digital distribution and are just trying to also accommodate those people who want a physical copy too. Something for which I thank you btw and also for providing the answers!

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”