Some Mini-Announcements

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: Some Mini-Announcements

Post by Fistalis »

George Geczy wrote: We anticipate that one of the Kickstarter levels will include a physical copy with a (gasp!) printed manual (gasp!), in addition to the digital download.

-- George.
What is this 1998?
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Ruges wrote:I might have to get this version, Just so I can look threw it and find the stuff that did not make it into the game but are in the manual and complain about it on the forums.
As much as we all enjoy this as a pastime with strategy game releases, notice I said there may be a "production delay" ... this means that now that we're self-publishing, we don't have to send the manual to the publisher for printing like yesterday.

Of course, we'll still look forward to seeing what people can find ;)
Whether it`s available in local stores too or only available to order online is equally fine
Unfortunately in North America the retail distribution system is horribly screwed up for indies and small publishers, and has been for quite a few years. Even stores that are willing to devote space to PC titles, like Frys in the US or Future Shop in Canada, don't have a distribution network that gets them these titles, and they are not set up to deal with small publishers one at a time. So not for lack of trying, but in most parts of the world it has to be online ordering for titles like this.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

The closest way you are going to see 1936 in a retail store will be a game card that you can use to DL the game online. Retail stores are not carrying PC games anymore.

As much as we all enjoy this as a pastime with strategy game releases, notice I said there may be a "production delay" ... this means that now that we're self-publishing, we don't have to send the manual to the publisher for printing like yesterday.

Of course, we'll still look forward to seeing what people can find
Ohh we will find it, And then when you release your first update that includes a feature not in the book, We will complain about that too.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

And I'll quote that thread every time I post that the latest feature we developed is --- ------ - -------- ------- - ---------- ---- ----- ---- ----- which is SOOOO cool.

;)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

George Geczy wrote:
MK4 wrote:Will there be an option to have a hard copy of the game too? For example paying to have a backup DVD delivered in addition to the - non Steam - digital download
We anticipate that one of the Kickstarter levels will include a physical copy with a (gasp!) printed manual (gasp!), in addition to the digital download.

The physical version will likely ship a couple of weeks after the digital release, to account for production delays. We're hoping that we may actually be in stores somewhere in the world too, and we're in a couple of discussions about that, but these days that isn't as likely as it used to be.

-- George.
I've worked with a couple of companies in the past prepping manuals, etc. for publication. One thing that really, really helps generate interest in a game is a strategy guide. I'm sure you have enough fans on this board alone to help with such a project for free, esp. those of us who will be helping in the beta.

Just a suggestion.
Virtokaii
Warrant Officer

Post by Virtokaii »

I only noticed your kickstarter project 12 hours after funding was cancelled. Is there any chance you guys will offer a beta buy-in on steam? Or is it perhaps still possible to make a kickstarter buy-in at this time?

Thx

edit: nvm, just did some reading on the forum, silly me. sry, your kickstarter project didn't work out, but I'm looking forward to early access on steam!
geminif4ucorsair
General

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

Ruges wrote:
George Geczy wrote:
MK4 wrote: (gasp!) printed manual (gasp!), -- George.
I might have to get this version, Just so I can look threw it and find the stuff that did not make it into the game but are in the manual and complain about it on the forums.
Good sense of humour...but in all honesty, the guy knows a lot of his stuff....os we must all consider it! :P

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”