Improve the Debt system

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Hullu Hevonen
General

Improve the Debt system

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I think that the economy would become more dynamic from an advancement in the field of debt.

-Ability to also loan from other countries, besides from the current(IMF?), in the current bond UI(add a flag on the side of the sum)
-With the above point, the ability to have a interest income if your a lender
-One thing that one be beneficial is making the AI being better able to get out of it's debt situation
-Being able to loan money when the need it from other countries
-Ability to default, cut off ~1/3 of the nations dept, then start auto pay on daily basis to country of origin for a period of 30 years. Not paying these default payments would provide casus belli to the lender.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Re: Improve the Debt system

Post by Zuikaku »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:I think that the economy would become more dynamic from an advancement in the field of debt.

-Ability to also loan from other countries, besides from the current(IMF?), in the current bond UI(add a flag on the side of the sum)
-With the above point, the ability to have a interest income if your a lender
-One thing that one be beneficial is making the AI being better able to get out of it's debt situation
-Being able to loan money when the need it from other countries
-Ability to default, cut off ~1/3 of the nations dept, then start auto pay on daily basis to country of origin for a period of 30 years. Not paying these default payments would provide casus belli to the lender.
+1
Excellent idea.

And I would also add ability to got bancrupt if your debt becomes to great. And bancrupt means very nasty cuts in military, economy, production and diplomatic influence.

I also hope that BGs also have excellent ideas like the ones that can be seen on this forum!
Please teach AI everything!
barkhauer
Colonel

Post by barkhauer »

Hell, I'd like to see different currencies and foreign currency reserves. Probably outside scope for their engine, though. I'd rather the time spent coding, UI designing, and balancing was spent in improving the AI and getting carriers to work right.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Different currencies can be quite confusing to users, and don't add a lot to gameplay. There are various effects that currencies can have (different inflation in different regions, devaluation, etc), but it really is a very micro-managey thing that doesn't add much interest to the game.

And speaking of interest (oh, snap!), region-to-region loans and debt is not something we've done much with before... we've done more of the "world bank/IMF" sort of lending. Which, in 1936, plays a much smaller role. By default, we're looking at disabling world debt in 1936 campaigns, though this is a setting that you can change when you start a game.

The ability to loan region-to-region does exist in the diplomacy areas of the game, but it is both cumbersome and also not trusted by AI leaders, who will generally not offer or accept such arrangements. This is something that we will be looking into a bit for SR1936.

-- George.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

George Geczy wrote: The ability to loan region-to-region does exist in the diplomacy areas of the game, but it is both cumbersome and also not trusted by AI leaders, who will generally not offer or accept such arrangements. This is something that we will be looking into a bit for SR1936.
Yayy! :)
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

George Geczy wrote: The ability to loan region-to-region does exist in the diplomacy areas of the game, but it is both cumbersome and also not trusted by AI leaders, who will generally not offer or accept such arrangements. This is something that we will be looking into a bit for SR1936.
So, translated from diplomatic language:
the ability to simulate loan exist in diplomacy areas of the (current) game, but it is unusable and you are planning to fix that. Thank you, that is a great news!! :D
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Zuikaku wrote:
the ability to simulate loan exist in diplomacy areas of the (current) game, but it is unusable and you are planning to fix that. Thank you, that is a great news!! :D
You know, my son is very skilled at listening to what I say and hearing something entirely different...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote: You know, my son is very skilled at listening to what I say and hearing something entirely different...
You say too little, so we have hard time figuring out what you want to say (joke) :-)
Anyway, you don't give us much info, so we are speculating based on the (scarce) info you give us... :wink:
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:
Zuikaku wrote:
You know, my son is very skilled at listening to what I say and hearing something entirely different...
I'm very skilled in twisting your words to mean what I want them to.. semantics is fun. :D
(A power I don't use on BG because they are pretty forthright.. now other game devs.. who promise me 30 ******* heists at E3 then claim they meant 17 heists then claim what they really meant was 11 heists and 30 days and each day counts as a heist.. even thought the days are just segments within a heist... and.. erm nvm you get the point that i broke my own pre-order rule like a dummy I think lol) (cough Death to overkill cough)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”