Questions regarding SR1936

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

mikeownage
Colonel

Questions regarding SR1936

Post by mikeownage »

What are the priorities regarding SR1936 beyond the scope of re-balancing the game to start in 1936 and the expected changes to come with that such as adding removing or re-balancing countries along with the expected unit designs and tech research.

For example:
  • Improved AI?
  • Changes to the engine?
  • New or improved ways to manage your country and by extension it's military?
  • Improved mulit-player support such as improved steam integration or by using some other third party provider such as Games for Windows Live?
  • The ability to play on a smaller map with a limited set of countries rather then the entire world like SR2010?
  • The ability to force your minister to just research all tech projects rather then being selective. I have noticed that even with every possible minster option regarding tech research selected the AI still fails to research the max amount of projects at times and some are ignored. This could be because
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: Questions regarding SR1936

Post by Fistalis »

cough*bump*cough
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Fistalis wrote:cough*bump*cough
I've been trying to make BGs say what are the things that are going to be improved for a while. They just do't tell us anything about that.
I just hope they will improve some criticall flaws and make SR the best geopolitical simulator :D
Please teach AI everything!
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Rabble rabble rabble :evil:
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

They did say on Facebook that they were looking at Q4 2013 for releasing the game. Cannot wait.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

SGTscuba wrote:They did say on Facebook that they were looking at Q4 2013 for releasing the game. Cannot wait.
TBH i could care less about release date.. i want info on system modifications, improvements etc.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Fistalis wrote:
SGTscuba wrote:They did say on Facebook that they were looking at Q4 2013 for releasing the game. Cannot wait.
TBH i could care less about release date.. i want info on system modifications, improvements etc.
Me too, but I know what the Goats are like nowadays.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
number47
General

Post by number47 »

I want to see this game in my collection as soon as possible but I believe Q4 2013 is way too optimistic date if we are to receive a fully functional product...
(with all due respect to developers that I adore, SRCW was not a fully fuctional product on the release date (July 2011)... :-? )
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Yes, release of fully functional product woul'd be nice.
I really do not intend to wait year and the half for the critically needed update that makes the game playable....
suaske666
Major

Post by suaske666 »

I agree. but maybe they need extra funding so they release the "beta" and with those funds finish the game...?
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

suaske666 wrote:I agree. but maybe they need extra funding so they release the "beta" and with those funds finish the game...?
Kickstarter or preorders are better choice then releasing unfinished game. I was really outraged having to wait a year for a patch that makes a game playable....
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Zuikaku wrote:
suaske666 wrote:I agree. but maybe they need extra funding so they release the "beta" and with those funds finish the game...?
Kickstarter or preorders are better choice then releasing unfinished game. I was really outraged having to wait a year for a patch that makes a game playable....
+10 to bolded underlined red sentence...I left Kickstarter part out since the devs already stated they don't qualify for Kickstarter (something with the Kickstarter rules or something like that, can't remember the details)
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Cutlass
Major

Post by Cutlass »

So, there I was, quite content as a luddite neanderthal playing happily away with SR2020 (not interested in the Cold War variant), when I saw the blurb for SR1936 and it mentioned something that really got my attention: weather effects!

Hooray! If they can implement them properly then that alone will be enough to make me drop SR2020 for the new version, SR1936, especially if the various AI improvements have improved the quality of the computerized opposition.

Of course, my primary concern is still mentioned in my tag line, but alas I have learned to be patient. :-)
Proud member of the Spherical World Association. An organization dedicated to encouraging game designers to create state of the art strategy games in which the actual shape of the world is used.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”