Must Have Events for 1936

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Legend
General
Human: Yes

Must Have Events for 1936

Post by Legend »

What do you feel are the most pivotal events or battles for WW2? And what would cause them to not happen?

Example - Pearl Harbor - What caused it? What would have prevented it? When would the US enter the war if Japan had not attacked when it did? What repercussions of entering the war later would have occurred?

Discuss!
SGTscuba
General

Re: Must Have Events for 1936

Post by SGTscuba »

Munich - if one of the parties is a player, they can choose to reject the agreement, and instead choose war. (or if Germany, back down completely)

Battle of France - it could happen after Poland has been invaded, however, if it has over a certain amount of DAR or MAR then France could jointly invade Germany with the UK whilst Germany is invading Poland

Nazi-Soviet Pact - Maybe have it with the option to reject it or not even propose it (depending on which one the player is), with the consequence of either not having a properly secured backyard, OR that the invasion is given up althogether.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

hey, something I know a bit about :)

USSR
-1936-39 Purges. In reality, caused by German agents passing false information to Beria, who gave it to Stalin. Have an option for Germany to do so in 1936 but with a chance (based on USSR intel spending?) for it to be discovered and lead to war. If not discovered, maybe a big penalty to USSR production and research until 1941.
--Winter War (1939-40)
--clashes with Japan (1938-41)
--of course, 1939 Soviet-German pact

Germany
--lots, lots, lots. Maybe every German action raises CB?
--Danzig
--Czechoslovkia
--Polish corridor
--Austria
--Rhineland occupation
--Axis alliances

UK
--India; internal problems
--Intervention in Rhineland?

France
--guerrilla war in Indochina starting
--internal issues in North Africa
--Intervention in Rhineland
--Vichy France & Free France
--French Colony status if Paris falls

Italy
--Ethopian War
--Desire for Malta?
--Albanian War
--Greek War
--Yugoslavia War?

USA
--Militarization of the Philippines, Panama, Hawaii
--If JPN at war with China, then embargo (rising USA CB with Japan)
--USA CB with Japan if Japan occupies French Indochina
--Big USA CB boost if Japan attacks France, UK or Netherlands

Japan
--Marco Polo Bridge incident
--Occupation of Indochina,
--War with UK, France and/or Netherlands
Nic5071
Warrant Officer

Post by Nic5071 »

I think this should be taken into account

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Khalkhin_Gol

The outcomes being:
-Possible escalation of events leading up to a full blown war between Japan and the Soviet in 39(and ramifications that will follow in the west)
-Historical backing down and the changing of Japanese plans to attack American and allied South Pacific

also just to add the Non-aggression pact between Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union should let the Soviets have a full CB against the Baltic States (or just let the Soviets annex the territory) and give the Romanian area of Bessarabia and Northern Bukovina to the Soviets
"you don't have to outfight your enemy you just have to outlast him" -George Washington
Lea
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Lea »

Aragos wrote:In reality, caused by German agents passing false information to Beria, who gave it to Stalin.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Not so, it's internal matters.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I think that you guys should make an event where you can tell Country A to send say a type 16(carrier) to hex xxxx:yyyy or go to hex and perform a certain mission. This way you could assign Japan to send available ships to one hex and the US could intercept this.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:I think that you guys should make an event where you can tell Country A to send say a type 16(carrier) to hex xxxx:yyyy or go to hex and perform a certain mission. This way you could assign Japan to send available ships to one hex and the US could intercept this.
if you are on about something like Midway, then you shouldn't have them go to a specific hex, but maybe have them search randomly a rough area.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Vuk-Wolf
Colonel

Post by Vuk-Wolf »

Pretty much ones that are most needed

Germany
-Reoccupation of the Rhine (7.March 1936)
-Opening of Summer Olympics (1. August 1936, it could work to improve relations, lower cb)
-Anti-Comintern Pack with Japan (26. November 1936)
-Intervention in Spanish civil war (7. May 1937)
-Volkswagen, people's new car (28. May 1937, increasing productivity maybe)
-Guarantee of Belgian independence (13. October 1937)
-British offer of Africa (3. March 1938, British offered most of Africa to Hitler in exchange for German promise to never resort to war, he rejected)
-Austrian Anschluss (12. March 1938)
-Sudeten dispute (24. September 1938)
-Plan Z (27. January 1939, 5 year plan to improve navy to be capable of crushing imperial fleet.)
-Memel Ultimatum (22. March 1939)
-Occupation of remaining Czechoslovakia, Carpatho Ukraine declares independence (25. March 1939, Carpatho Ukraine could serve as colony or such)
-Molotov-Ribbentrop pact (23 August 1939)
-Invasion of Poland,request of Danzig (1. September 1939), followed by UK and France declaring war on Germany on 3. September 1939. If Polish refuse to give Danzig, Germany invades Poland
-Operation Weserübung, invasion of Denmark and Norway (9. April 1940)
-Invasion of Low Countries (10. May 1940)
-Creation of Vichy France (When/if France falls)
-Second Vienna Award (30. August 1940, Germany forces Romania into accepting of ceeding Transilvania to Hungary)
-Creation of Tripartite pact ( 27. September 1940 which also included Hungary, Slovakia in addition to Japan, Italy and Germany)
-Yugoslav invite to Tripartite pact (1-6 April 1941, Yugoslavia is offered Thessaloniki area in return for transit over its territory. Yugoslav king accepted this offer, but people overthrew him, so Germany invaded Yugoslavia)
-Operation Barbarossa (22. June 1941)
-Pearl Harbour (7. December 1941, Germany and Japan invade war on USA)
-Warsaw Ghetto Uprising (18. January 1943)
Later on you could add some alternative events because they depend how the war progress. Like Soviet surrender when Moscow, Leningrad, and Stalingrad are conquered, Peace treaty with Germany expanding to Ural Mountains, or Operation Sealion.
I could add for other countries too if this is good.
Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Lea wrote:
Aragos wrote:In reality, caused by German agents passing false information to Beria, who gave it to Stalin.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Not so, it's internal matters.
Well, LOL back at ya ;)

Seriously, recent scholarship (and the Mitrokin Archive--the KGB records slipped out in 1991) have shown that was the basic start of the purges. Of course, Stalin wanted to do it anyway, so all it took was a little 'nudge' to begin the killing.
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

Hi everyone. Thanks for posting.

We are using a master event list and I'll be reviewing everyone's notes to see what we've included.

If you want more, let me know. I am also looking for events that are not that "important" but still happen around the globe as to give actions to countries not directly involved.
notus
Lieutenant

Post by notus »

My home nation Portugal wasn´t directly involved but was invited for the Anti-Comintern Pact, so it could became in the game a Axis Aligned Country, IRL the dictatorship declined the invitation in favor of the old Anglo-Portuguese Alliance (1386). As far as i know Portugal wasn´t the only contry invited to the Anti-Comintern Pact
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

-events concerning Molotov-Ribbentrop pact, which had significant impact on Poland, Baltic states, Scandinavia and Finland, also the start of WWII as a hole

What if the germans didn't invade Poland in 1939 or invaded them without soviet help etc.. If this pact could of been blocked somehow, it would of forced Hitler and Nazi Germany to go with another strategy for world domination. Like wait until 1942-1944 to start WWII and been better prepared for a 2 front war for example.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

Hello everyone, I have a point of clarification. We appreciate all ideas, and while they may be significant, will will NOT be including the following items/events/features/history elements etc. into SR1936.
  • gulags
  • concentration camps
  • forced relocations
  • mass exterminations
  • ... and other related atrocities
We will consider events of historical note such as leaders doing things, scientific breakthroughs, wars, border changes, tension and alliances, relation changes, resistance movements, behind the scenes intelligence, etc. And, we will be introducing what-if situations based on events in the game.
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

notus wrote:My home nation Portugal wasn´t directly involved but was invited for the Anti-Comintern Pact, so it could became in the game a Axis Aligned Country, IRL the dictatorship declined the invitation in favor of the old Anglo-Portuguese Alliance (1386). As far as i know Portugal wasn´t the only contry invited to the Anti-Comintern Pact
Some of the nations that were invited into the Anti-Comintern Pact included: Poland, Yugoslavia, Lithuania and Turkey. Poland rejected it and a coup overturned in in Yugoslavia. Both Lithuania and Turkey joined, the later as an observer.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”