German leader?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

WolfSpirit
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: German leader?

Post by WolfSpirit »

And just (reaaaaally just) in case, you can always use Franz von Papen as leader as he was the vice chancellor under Hitler. only up to 1936 when he vacated and became ambassador but still. :wink:

And about the Swastika, if it doesn't get through the censors you can just use the Flag of the German Empire as its emblem was used in the "German Reich". Up until 1940 or 41 it even was part of the Stahlhelm the Swastika on the helmet wasn't part of it up until then. But enough of this.

I'm just glad I'll be able to prevent the 'Hölle von Stalingrad'. Too many soldiers died that winter. :cry:

I'm really looking forward to the game guys. :D
Roest
Lieutenant

Post by Roest »

Bah, this is gonna be a problem. I wanted it in my Steam library but there I'll only get the censored version.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Roest wrote:Bah, this is gonna be a problem. I wanted it in my Steam library but there I'll only get the censored version.
If BG releases a censored version, They seem to believe there will be no problem with German censors..
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Roest
Lieutenant

Post by Roest »

Fistalis wrote:
Roest wrote:Bah, this is gonna be a problem. I wanted it in my Steam library but there I'll only get the censored version.
If BG releases a censored version, They seem to believe there will be no problem with German censors..
Think that has been covered already. It doesn't matter what they believe. By german law you cannot use swastikas and other symbols of the era. There are a few exceptions, like historical documentations. No game company has ever tried to argue that their games are that. So games like Wolfenstein are censored even though the ***** are the enemy and no one would think it glorifies them.

Since Steam has a local branch we'll get games that have been modified for the local market. Of course there are ways to circumvent that, but it's not practicable. So in order to have a Steam version, there will be either "this game is not available in your region", a censored german version or they won't use any nazi symbols in the first place for all of them.
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

Another way to look at this...

We are more concerned with the strategy of the era - and less about the propaganda of it.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”