Wishlist

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

notus
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: Wishlist

Post by notus »

If the weather is implemented special weather units like for snow. Soviet Union had those in the Battle for Moscow.
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

vahadar wrote:
Draken wrote:-Ability to affect Casus Belli (own region to other, other to own and any to any) with propaganda and/or covert ops
I like this
Draken wrote:Ability to conduct blockades.
-> Corollary 1 : Ability to attack "neutrals"
-> Corollary 2 : Expand Merchant Marine concept to transports goods (excluding electric power) and to work on land using trains and truck... All of these units need to be target-able and destroy-able!
-> Corollary 3 : Electric Power can only be distributed and sell over direct land (or SMALL water bodies) paths. Extra points if the electric network is target-able and destroy-able
-> Corollary 4 : Oil pipelines...Extra points if they are target-able and destroy-able
-> Corollary 5 : Oil/Gas tank farms to store Countries fuel reserves ... Of course these must be target-able and destroy-able!
At least the point 1

the others might be toodifficult to implement (for exemple on your point3, how to define direct land when sometime at war you can have a few hex in a distant territory you are at war with, that might have borders with countries you original country dont have boders with, and that might not have electic power facility within that territory you conquer?)
Graph Theory :wink:

besides, it is just a wish list... it doesn't have to be easy to implement :D
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"
-
Si vis pacem, para bellum
-
It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
Voltaire
Prescot
Lieutenant

Post by Prescot »

Aragos wrote:Danzig. Of course, you get into the open-city stuff as well (e.g., no military in the city). Good point though.
Danzig - make it colony of Poland, like Suez Zone is Egypt colony in Cold War

My request is to make land/air/navy fabrications facialities won't recruit soldiers from military staff anymore. It only makes big fictional armies numbers./
Jersey Mule
Warrant Officer

Post by Jersey Mule »

3 things pop into mind as I play SRCW:

1) better control of DAR - its always 26%-32% in every SRCW game I play - its annoying that when your country has 3.0% unemployment, low domestic prices, low taxes, high domestic spending, no war and modest inflation - I gotta lose election with a 26% DAR rating? Dumb. That's on every setting, for every country, in every game I play. Just cant figure that

2) Fleet control - I can't count the amount of times I sent a fleet from the east coast of America to the English Channel and 1/2 the fleet would go to Africa before running outta fuel while the other 1/2 did what I told it to - can we just "create a fleet" and have ONE icon that moves across the map? Or force ships in a fleet to stay close to one another? Should be easy (cannot stand units not moving where I tell them to, especially in a straight line across and ocean!)

3) transports for planes to cross vast oceans - some mechanism like merchant ships to sail them to the destination, then 'unpack' back into a air group - this is gonna be more relevant in this edition of the game I'd guess

#2 is a big one for me.. that really needs to be sorted...
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Jersey--the ability to load aircraft on cargo ships, etc. is an easy fix. Just open up the orders.csv in the INI directory and change under the column LOAD UNIT to Air to 1 (you can also do ships as well to allow for small boats/patrol boats to load onto larger ships). No need to recache.
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

Zombie/alien mode. :D
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
tropicadero
Corporal

Post by tropicadero »

U can be able to build foreign bases in other countries and you can be able to get you units on an allied transporter
if u liberate a country you can choose what governmen they gonna have if for example UK liberates denmark the can choose if they want to be a dictatorship,democracy,monarchy,theocracy,communism etc.

You can release colonies.

You can force a weak country to be a part of your country or you can threat them with war

You can colour tanks and vehicles
an2255
Sergeant

Post by an2255 »

a map editor would be fun for making your own scenarios i find the current modding system limited like not being able to change the hex loyalties
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

an2255 wrote:a map editor would be fun for making your own scenarios i find the current modding system limited like not being able to change the hex loyalties
And to remove annoying separatists loyalties that make countries uncolonizable without annexing a part of it.
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Niko465 wrote:
an2255 wrote:a map editor would be fun for making your own scenarios i find the current modding system limited like not being able to change the hex loyalties
And to remove annoying separatists loyalties that make countries uncolonizable without annexing a part of it.
Any existing loyalty can be removed but you can't add new ones...
For example, if you don't want South Ossetia to have it's loyalty, just go to .CVP file, find South Ossetia, go to line "keepregion" and change TRUE to FALSE...and that's it. :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

and what loyalty will then south ossetia have?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

georgios wrote:and what loyalty will then south ossetia have?
There is no South Ossetia...I assumed he was asking about situation where, for example, Georgian Republic has tree loyalties present within its borders without Abkhasia and South Ossetia actually present in-game as countries (talking about vanilla game not Modern World or any other mod in "modern time"). In that case, if you do what I told him, whole Georgia will have Georgian loyalty only...
I hope I answered your question :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Ossetian and abkhasian loyalty are russian?
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

georgios wrote:Ossetian and abkhasian loyalty are russian?
whole Georgia will have Georgian loyalty only
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

I meant what loyalty will they have if they don't have the georgian loyalty.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”