Modding

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Hullu Hevonen
General

Modding

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

My first thought, will mods be transferable(from SRCW) or will there be minimal/maximal modding required?
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: Modding

Post by Fistalis »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:My first thought, will mods be transferable(from SRCW) or will there be minimal/maximal modding required?
Good question and hopefully we'll get a good response. But my guess is it will be similar to 2020 to CW transfer.. Alot of the main data can be kept but new data will need to be filled in.

Edit: will the weather system be hardcoded or what.. thats a whole can of worms.

Edit2: can I come stand over Georges shoulder while he's coding it and prod him when he does stuff I dont like?
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

No details on weather yet.

Moddability is expected to be consistent with previous titles.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:No details on weather yet.

Moddability is expected to be consistent with previous titles.
heres what you do wait for them to be preocupied with something and steal the design docs so i can go over them
farrellmeister
Lieutenant

Post by farrellmeister »

Fistalis wrote:
Hullu Hevonen wrote:My first thought, will mods be transferable(from SRCW) or will there be minimal/maximal modding required?
Good question and hopefully we'll get a good response. But my guess is it will be similar to 2020 to CW transfer.. Alot of the main data can be kept but new data will need to be filled in.

Edit: will the weather system be hardcoded or what.. thats a whole can of worms.

Edit2: can I come stand over Georges shoulder while he's coding it and prod him when he does stuff I dont like?
If the Mod is relatively easy to transfer does this mean you might transfer your modern world mod across? Or do you have new plans.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

farrellmeister wrote:
Fistalis wrote:

If the Mod is relatively easy to transfer does this mean you might transfer your modern world mod across? Or do you have new plans.
If possible a simple conversion will be my first task. I absolutely hope to play the modern world with the new toys IE weather etc.
Most likely the modern world for SRCW will be finished and then transferred and used as a base for a new mod for sr1936. With future updates at that point going to the 1936 version.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Good point all fellows. Anything the devs can release to help modding (e.g., which triggers are being used, new dynamic event triggers besides dates, et al) would be great.

Shattered World 1936. Yes.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”