Awesome!

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Aragos
General

Awesome!

Post by Aragos »

Guys,
This looks to be awesomely cool.

Question 1--and I can honestly say I'm the first poster!!--Will this be compatible with SRCW? Can a game be continued past the historical end date of WWII?

Question 2--will events be date-driven or circumstance driven? Example: Japan attacks Pearl Harbor every time 7 Dec 1941 rolls around, or only if the USA had embargoed oil, has poor relations, etc?

Thanks!
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: Awesome!

Post by Fistalis »

Aragos wrote:Guys,
This looks to be awesomely cool.

Question 1--and I can honestly say I'm the first poster!!--Will this be compatible with SRCW? Can a game be continued past the historical end date of WWII?

Question 2--will events be date-driven or circumstance driven? Example: Japan attacks Pearl Harbor every time 7 Dec 1941 rolls around, or only if the USA had embargoed oil, has poor relations, etc?

Thanks!
1 yes only because i was dumbfounded for a moment.
2 I hope we will see other triggers for events other than time... the way it talks about the butterfly effect i'm thinking yes.
3. you didnt have a 3 but I still gotta say it.. WWII bleh, do we need to have a major war so the video game industry has new source material?

(I said something similar when CW was announced provided it adds new features and is as or more moddable as previous games I'll probably still buy it so i can play modern world with the new toys. )
Last edited by Fistalis on Mar 07 2013, edited 4 times in total.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Fistalis wrote:3. you didnt have a 3 but I still gotta say it.. WWII bleh, do we need to have a major war so the video game industry has new source material?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We are already working to expand the scripted events system to be more robust and flexible.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Sawedoff
Captain

Post by Sawedoff »

I am excited! This is exactly the one I have been looking for. Looking forward to it! 8)
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

This is going to be awesome! I was hoping that the next game would feature this time period! :-)
"If we had more time for discussion we should probably have made a great many more mistakes."
-Leon Trotsky
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

I had to check my calendar to see if it is 4/1/2013.... After confirming that it is not, I thought that the forums was victim of a defacing attack.... :D
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"
-
Si vis pacem, para bellum
-
It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
Voltaire
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Just wanted to say that I really love this and the announcement made my day. :-)
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Will SR1936 use the same game engin as older SR's or not?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

define "same"?

It will be a continuation of the engine we have been developing throughout the series. Much like a Total War game or Paradox title use the "same" engine.

The hex size will be the same, the GUI will be similar.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

I am MOIST.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Balthagor wrote:define "same"?

It will be a continuation of the engine we have been developing throughout the series. Much like a Total War game or Paradox title use the "same" engine.

In the sense "Will it have the same restrictions as the current one"? But you answered the question :wink:
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

number47 wrote:

In the sense "Will it have the same restrictions as the current one"? But you answered the question :wink:
What do you mean by restrictions?
Madman
Warrant Officer

Post by Madman »

Thank you for developing this game. I think SR series are the most realistic strategy game with its mechanics. I don't say it has not problems or bugs but all of your games have really big potential. I am very excited with SR 1936 announcment. I hope SR 1936 will not like HOI 3. We want to more sandbox game. More random and more flexible world. Otherwise If the game always running historicly, The campaign getting always same and players can estimate all of game time scala.. And this reduce replayability and make the game boring. Thanks..
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Legend wrote:
number47 wrote:

What do you mean by restrictions?
Occasionally, it was said here on forums that something can't be implemented or would be difficult to implement due to engine restrictions (engine limits)...can remember the specific cases but it really doesn't matter now, I got my answer 8)

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”