Multiplayer

This forum has been archived. Please use the new multiplayer forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

darkshadow120
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Multiplayer

Post by darkshadow120 »

This Saturday, March 3, I would like to organize a SRCW Multiplayer Event. It will support any players that would like to play, with a limit at 10. All countries are availible, but there must be someone on both USA and USSR. This is my first Multiplayer event, and I would like it to go as smooth as possible. The time on Friday will be about 3 PM CST. Just convert it to whatever your on. It will be using Hamachi. For any additional details please post a reply to this thread. I will try to keep in touch with you guys the best as I can :)

I will post my Hamachi details at around 3PM Saturday, and we will start at 3PM Sharp. If anyone has any problems with 5pm, just comment below, and Ill try for a change.

Thank you all :)
darkshadow120
Lieutenant

Re: Multiplayer

Post by darkshadow120 »

Also, if I dont get 4 or more interested players, by Friday, the event is off.
italianguard135
Lieutenant

Post by italianguard135 »

If I have my copy of the game by then and have a place to hook up to internet I would.
darkshadow120
Lieutenant

Post by darkshadow120 »

Come on guys, we need more players, anyone can join!!!
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Sorry I don't do hamachi since their "free" networks are so limited that gaming on them sucks. If you decide to do gameranger I'm in.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
italianguard135
Lieutenant

Post by italianguard135 »

Ya I also like gameranger better than hamachi.
darkshadow120
Lieutenant

Post by darkshadow120 »

Alright, ive never used Gameranger, ill look into it. If anyone wants to add me on Steam, add me:

darkshadow120

:)
number47
General

Post by number47 »

A noob question...do I need Steam version of the game to play on gameranger or will any version do?

I'm interested in joining but I'm not sure if my calculation of the CST to GMT/UTC is correct. Can anyone confirm that 3PM CST is 9PM GMT/UTC? :lol: :lol:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Any version works for it now I guess (only worked for non steam before)
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
number47
General

Post by number47 »

@SGTscuba
Thanks, mate! :wink:

@darkshadow120
How long did you plan to play on saturday? I'm asking because if my calculation of CST time to my own is correct it will be 10 PM at my side when you start the game on 3 PM CST...and no one expressed themselves on countries they intend to play :D
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Fistalis wrote:Sorry I don't do hamachi since their "free" networks are so limited that gaming on them sucks. If you decide to do gameranger I'm in.
Will having your Modern world mod installed give me trouble when playing online? (*haps modifications you made)
Or do I need true vanilla to play online (i.e. remove your mod)?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

number47 wrote:
Fistalis wrote:Sorry I don't do hamachi since their "free" networks are so limited that gaming on them sucks. If you decide to do gameranger I'm in.
Will having your Modern world mod installed give me trouble when playing online? (*haps modifications you made)
Or do I need true vanilla to play online (i.e. remove your mod)?
TBH no one has been willing to test with me. Theoretically speaking, it should be fine since haps are all client side. Other than the fact that stuff like access to the sats later in the game would give you minor advantages. Personally I'll be using the non modded version just in case.(I have mutiple versions installed :wink: )
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Well, I'm willing to give it a try if others don't mind me using version with your haps (if it even works) since I don't want to do a clean install all over again (for the fifth time, I think :lol: :lol: )

EDIT: anyway, my gameranger nick is... number47 (what a surprise :D ) so if anyone wants to add me... 8)
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

number47 wrote:Well, I'm willing to give it a try if others don't mind me using version with your haps (if it even works) since I don't want to do a clean install all over again (for the fifth time, I think :lol: :lol: )

EDIT: anyway, my gameranger nick is... number47 (what a surprise :D ) so if anyone wants to add me... 8)
What version of the game are you using(steam,non steam)? You could setup A clean install along side the modded version like i have. (Unless your running steam of course)
If you got some free time we can test real quick with me running vanilla and you Running the mod.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Fistalis wrote:What version of the game are you using(steam,non steam)? You could setup A clean install along side the modded version like i have. (Unless your running steam of course)
If you got some free time we can test real quick with me running vanilla and you Running the mod.
I have SRCW 7.2.2 from Impulse...never thought about having two installs but is that even legal? And how does that even work? (I apologize for my noobness :lol:)

EDIT: I forgot to answer you, yes I have some time so we could try if it will work...

Return to “SRCW Multiplayer Games”