August 5th MP Game 8:15pm-10pm EST

This forum has been archived. Please use the new multiplayer forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

TactiKill
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Re: August 5th MP Game 8:15pm-10pm EST

Post by TactiKill »

Targioni wrote:
LeonTrotsky wrote:Awesome. It'll be a good game. I hope ICBM's get launched.
HUH War mongering is not the point of this game.

Also, because you guys do not like the War Justification dealy. How about this, you can attack anyone you want, but if its not a legit reason other than "I WANT YOUR LAND AND MONIES K, THANKS, BAI", every single player in the game, regardless of previous allegiances and sphere alignment, can attack you without any international repercussions. Same thing goes for randomly nuking people.

I really hope this doesn't become like Superpower 2 were some random person nukes a major and ruins the game, or random global wars between AIs and Players that are just stoopid and ruin the game. :-(

The game features penalties for users who go to unjustified wars. With 10 players, I think we can deal with war mongers without any strict set of rules. We can cut diplomatic ties, stop trading, DOW, etc. With the AI and humans I think it will be very risky for anyone to think that they can go gallivanting around the world as they please. Plus, that's part of the geopolitical game.

I definitely understand what you're getting at though, but I think there's other ways that we can ensure a realistic game.
LiKaapstad
Colonel

Post by LiKaapstad »

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can I be Brazil instead?

:lol:

Btw- You guys may use my hamachi Netowork.lol I will be awake. the only reason I wasn't on last time was because I was playing Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 online my friends all night. :lol:

Cut me some slack :P
NO PROP 8 California...Equality for ALL
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

Targioni wrote: Also, can everyone who is part of this game post their Steam IDs so that we can begin plotting our eventual domination of the world. (MUAHAHAAHAH)

Im Targioni ;)
I am jumpinglightsaber@gmail.com for email and jumpinglightsaber as screen name. But I should pop up as Leon Trotsky

Oh and about cutting relations I can't seem to do that in a single player game, how will we do it in multiplayer???

Haha and what Hamachi are we using? :lol:
"If we had more time for discussion we should probably have made a great many more mistakes."
-Leon Trotsky
tr4m4tiz3d
Private

Post by tr4m4tiz3d »

Throw me in as Egypt yo !!! [/color]
Joccend
Lieutenant

Post by Joccend »

Hmm... On second thought can you toss me up as France?
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

Interesting choice of France. What were you gonna be before?
"If we had more time for discussion we should probably have made a great many more mistakes."
-Leon Trotsky
Joccend
Lieutenant

Post by Joccend »

China
golden.pole
Captain

Post by golden.pole »

so china and germany still available. we need more dudes
.....[]......
..IIII[]III...
.....[]......
.... []......REPENT and BELIEVE the GOSPEL.
geredis
Sergeant

Post by geredis »

I'll go as Spain.
TactiKill
Warrant Officer

Post by TactiKill »

LeonTrotsky wrote:Yeah I like that too. Cause then lets say you play as Israel or North Vietnam I can't just ally your enemy and help destroy you even though clearly my units are leading the charge. However someone could always help behind the scenes without any else knowing.

True. But they more or less sold the actual units. Not exactly the design. I am totally for selling units to people. But not too many of the countries using the tanks and designs of the USSR actually make them. So I think instead of buying the designs it's more realistic if you buy the units. Especially if someone is playing as the USSR then just broker a deal with them to get X amount of tanks. I like the idea of no design trading. :lol:

I agree with you golden pole. I think you should be able to go and take that neighboring country because you feel like it or need the resources or whatever.

That's a good point, the US sales units to other nations that we produce ourselves. Very rarely do we give anyone the blueprint for anything. So if we're basing off of what goes on in the real world, design trading is unrealistic, it doesn't happen that way. At least for the more high-tech units it doesn't. Unit sales, however is very realistic and more challenging and strategic.

It really wouldn't be realistic for small nations to be spitting out US or Russian battle tanks, as they wouldn't have the industrial capacity to do so in real life. Instead, they'd have to go to them and request to purchase exactly what they wanted. Essentially if we want this to progress methodically, we have to address this and tech trading. The reality is, small nations won't turn into a superpower, but are they supposed to?
TactiKill
Warrant Officer

Post by TactiKill »

For the sake of avoiding lag I'm keeping our first session to 10 players, which is still a lot. So we have one spot left and I'd like to see that final spot filled by China or East Germany if possible. Tr4m would you be ok with switching?
LiKaapstad
Colonel

Post by LiKaapstad »

I would agree to any actions you persue to hosting a Hamachi. After talks with the goldenpole, I have decided you should take any measures nessescary, be it that you host your own hamachi network.
golden.pole
Captain

Post by golden.pole »

Tactikill,
I have to disagree on military designs trading. We should be allowed to trade them in our MP game. If the superpowers don't want to trade them then it is their choice. If the superpowers cannot be challenged, then what fun it is to be a smaller nation that will never have a chance to become strong? Germany was not a big country and yet it challenged the whole world. Israel is tiny, but has one of the best armies in the world. It makes it more fun if we can trade designs. Also, it has strategic value. Because if I am USSR, I would want to support my friendly neighbors and build their economy and military to have buffer zones.
Again, if you dont trust other nations, dont sale your best military designs. But there is so many new designs that even if you sell your best, it will become weaker soon when you research a better one.

Well, if others think that we should not be allowed to trade designs then it is fine with me.
.....[]......
..IIII[]III...
.....[]......
.... []......REPENT and BELIEVE the GOSPEL.
Blackworth
Corporal

Post by Blackworth »

Blackworth here geogir14@hotmail.com

i would like australia. also will we have vent and all and lastely can i recorde it for my fans!

and...can i get the list of UPDATES!

thank you very much for inviting me!
LiKaapstad
Colonel

Post by LiKaapstad »

Blackworth wrote:Blackworth here geogir14@hotmail.com

i would like australia. also will we have vent and all and lastely can i recorde it for my fans!

and...can i get the list of UPDATES!

thank you very much for inviting me!

Hi Its me from youtube. :-)

Here are the list of updates (there are 2)

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 63&t=18231

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 63&t=18652

Return to “SRCW Multiplayer Games”