Some **** that pisses me off - moving units across water.

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Zues
Corporal
Human: Yes

Some **** that pisses me off - moving units across water.

Post by Zues »

There is some **** that really ruins the experience of this game for me. I have not played this game in a couple of years. I don't know how far it has come or whether the problem is currently fixed. I played 2020 and CW. As far as I remember, I have noticed the exact same issue in both. The movement of units across water really pisses the **** out and made me stop my progress from invading the world.

The problems are the following:

You can easily do a land invasion just by selecting a bunch of units and then pointing to a country to be invaded. The units then automatically move to that country and start attacking. Why the hell can't they just do the same with a sea across??? They should just get in some damn transport boats and move to the rough location I have selected. How am I supposed to move THOUSANDS of troops to invade a country across the ocean- quick and easy? I really don't want to waste time selecting individual units and put them in individual boats!!!

I want to be able to select units then click to a country overseas. Then the following should occur:
1) Units move to the nearest docks
2) My transport vehicles - (these can also be selected or maybe not) pick up the units from the nearest docks and transport them to the country overseas.
3)Once the transport vehicles are full they can just go back and forth until all units are loaded and transported.
Is that so hard to program???? or ???? Why isn't there a command like that??

THIS IS SOMETHING THIS COMPANY CAN REALIZE IS AN ISSUE AND WORK TO BE ABLE TO IMPROVE IT.

I also noticed you had several commands that are used to water transport/sea transport. PROBLEM IS THEY DIDN'T REALLY WORK. Sometimes they work in a BS way and sometimes they don't -some weird ass ****. I had to literally select a unit 5 times over again until it loaded and unloaded to another location. SOME HUGE BS. I had the SR 2020 Gold and CW. I think this was a huge problem in both.

Fixing this problem will definitely make me want to play this game again.
number47
General

Re: Some **** that pisses me off - moving units across water

Post by number47 »

Well, they introduced the wretched "Merchant Marine" in SRCW so I doubt you played it since MM does exactly what you are suggesting (to extent). :P
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Zues
Corporal

Post by Zues »

I played it man. Why would I say I didn't play it??? What exactly does the Merchant Marine do??? What does it mean?? Is it a command or what?
NovaCameron
Sergeant

Post by NovaCameron »

No it's how units move across water now. you just command it to go across and ocean or whatever and it goes to the nearest port and instantly transforms into a ship for free. then it just putts across to the other side and unloads. Boom. easy unit transfer across water. They are called merchant marines. But they have issues. As in the AI sending them to their deaths through a defending fleet that hasn't been destroyed. Or them bunching up on a coast with no controlled port or any port. Or choosing to send them to a defended port when an undefended port is a few hexes away.
Zues
Corporal

Post by Zues »

What exactly transforms into a ship? Is "merchant marine" a command???? Like sea transport??
NovaCameron
Sergeant

Post by NovaCameron »

Nope. It just happens with you doing nothing. If a land unit has to path across water it will turn into a cargo ship at a port and continue on its way.
Zues
Corporal

Post by Zues »

Ha do all units do this?

Return to “Issues & Support”