Relations and Sea Transit Treaty

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

GenPatton43
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Relations and Sea Transit Treaty

Post by GenPatton43 »

Earlier in the game, as I am playing as the USSR, I didn't have any difficulty transitting the Bosphorus strait. However, 10 yrs into the game now and we both still have the sea transit treaty. Now, Turkey and every other nation can enter the Black sea, but suddenly now, I can't leave it. Our relations are poor but neither of us are at war atm.
What gives?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Relations and Sea Transit Treaty

Post by Balthagor »

Can you zip and e-mail me your save? Include ticket 17908 in the subject line.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
GenPatton43
Warrant Officer

Post by GenPatton43 »

Sent. Thanks!
GenPatton43
Warrant Officer

Post by GenPatton43 »

Balthagor wrote:Can you zip and e-mail me your save? Include ticket 17908 in the subject line.

You did receive my email, right? Regardless, don't worry about it. I found the issue. I had the "Path thru nations airspace (Turkey)" turned off in the "Actions Against" menu. So that part is taken care of.
That does lead me to another, similar issue except thus time its with the Suez Canal and aircraft carriers with jets on board. If I don't pay attention and offload any aircraft on the carriers before transiting the canal, I will either end up with 4 or so heavily damaged aircraft or they will be destroyed outright by Egypt. I can have an air transit treaty with Egypt, but it doesn't matter b/c the canal zone is a puppet that I do not have one with and, despite many attempts and millions in cash, can never get from the canal zone. Not sure if you want to call this a bug or if its just something that was overlooked but its a real pain in the @$$. Lost many a aircraft transiting there. If I don't forget, then usually I can send my jets to Israel or Egypt before going thru and then recovering them when the carrier has passed. Its just something that shouldn't be.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I did, had it marked for testing, was on my agenda for tomorrow :)

Glad you figured it out!
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
GenPatton43
Warrant Officer

Post by GenPatton43 »

Is there anything that can be done regarding the Suez Canal?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

the fact that it becomes owned by other regions that don't give transit? No solution at this time. I have looked at some ideas that could be modded in but no success (and lack of time to explore it) thus far.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
GenPatton43
Warrant Officer

Post by GenPatton43 »

Balthagor wrote:the fact that it becomes owned by other regions that don't give transit? No solution at this time. I have looked at some ideas that could be modded in but no success (and lack of time to explore it) thus far.
No. The original owner is the Suez Canal Zone which is a puppet of Egypt. I've had air transit treaties with Egypt themselves, Alliances even. But the canal zone is a separate entity. When a carrier loaded w/ aircraft goes through it, the canal zones ally, Egypt, attacks anyone, regardless if they have treaties with them or not because technically, they are violating their air space.

EDIT- This happens only with the Suez Canal as its the only straight which has a 2nd party owner.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Suez/Panama zones are hard coded for transit with all regions.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
GenPatton43
Warrant Officer

Post by GenPatton43 »

Balthagor wrote:Suez/Panama zones are hard coded for transit with all regions.
OK, so then the player has to make sure that he's got an ally nearby to offload his jets until the carrier transits to or he ends up losing them.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

ah, sorry, forgot that the aircraft had become an issue. You are correct that it is a problem. Unfortunately we don't have a solution.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
GenPatton43
Warrant Officer

Post by GenPatton43 »

Balthagor wrote:ah, sorry, forgot that the aircraft had become an issue. You are correct that it is a problem. Unfortunately we don't have a solution.
OK, that's cool. Thanks.

Return to “Issues & Support”