Game is lagging

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Prescot
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Game is lagging

Post by Prescot »

Is that only me having lags even in singleplayer game mode? The game goes fast but when I zoom the map or im moving on the map it lags game..
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: Game is lagging

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Depends on your comp..
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Prescot
Lieutenant

Post by Prescot »

My pc is ok, GTA IV works on it on high details :-)
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

GTA IV is basically more graphics intesive, while SRCW is more intensive on your processor :wink: . So I would say that you should
1. Check that your game is updated
2. Are you running any mods
3. Is the game constantly lagging or when say there is a bunch of battles going on?
4. What processor do you have
5. how long does it for a day to pass?

These all can affect your game speed
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

If its what I'm thinking of run it on medium, fast or very fast speed when you actually want to do anything and fastest just to pass the time. The problem with the fastest setting is its trying to use ALL your CPU power to get the days to go by quicker which can add delay to anything you're trying to do. input lag although small can be noticable on Fastest. Part of the reason when I'm actively playing I usually run on a slower speed.(that and its near impossible to micromanage a large army on fastest)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
daons
Corporal

Post by daons »

A question about lagging - is it normal for the game to take 20-30 sections to advance two time slots (from 6am to 8am)

I do use the Modern World Mod but surely it shouldn't be this slow. I am only in 2014 as well (about a year and a half).

Although I have used a trainer/cheat table so maybe it is this?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Do you have version 7.3.1 or later?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
daons
Corporal

Post by daons »

yes, version 7.3.7 and modern world 0.84
number47
General

Post by number47 »

daons wrote:yes, version 7.3.7 and modern world 0.84
latest MW mod is 0.84a (but I don't think it has anything to do with your lag)
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
GenPatton43
Warrant Officer

Post by GenPatton43 »

Can I give you a tip? The same has occurred to me a number of times. Usually by the time I get 5 or so years into the game. What I end up doing is this;
Lets say I am playing as Argentina.
1)Save your current game and copy it into your multiplayer folder.
2) Go in and "Host" a multiplayer game and select a major power like China. China always has about 300 PT boats that never move and it never uses parked in The Yellow Sea.
3) Temporarily turn off the initiatives under your SecDef to "None" as well as under "Global Rules of Engagement."
4) Select as many of those boats as you want, give the order for them to be "Scrapped" and send them back to port. China is not going to miss 300 PT boats.
I also will go into reserve units and China normally has around 4-500 AA guns. Go in and delete a bunch of them. Scrap them.
5) Save your game, exit and go back into MP but choose the country you are playing, save it again. Exit.
6) Go into your MP save folder and remove the last save you did and put that into your single game folder. Select that game and you will be back in control of your nation and things should go faster.

If you do this for two or three of the major powers, you should see a decent spike in speed of gameplay for awhile. Some of those units will be replaced but not to the levels they were. Just keep two important items in mind. Don't forget to return the initiative levels back to where they were.
AND most importantly, try to spend as little game time doing this as you can b/c remember, while you're China, the AI is playing your country. So, the more time that elapses the more the AI will change, like selling units that you don't want sold. Or screwing up your production ques. That p***es me off to no end. But most of what you need to do can be done with very little elapsed time.
Another option you can try, if it doesn't confuse you, is for those units you want to deleted. Highlight all of them together and just change their RO&E and make sure you turn "Minister Control" to no. That way, you can send those units back to barracks, or ports and leave and they will still be deleted when you resume your game as your nation.

I know this sounds like a lot, but its really not. I can leave my country and go elsewhere, do what i want to do and return in 2 game hrs usually. In that short of time the damage the AI can do is usually minimal. Of course, I also learned how to change the scenario and remove many of those excess units before I even started the game. If you keep it to just PT boats, AA guns and some artillery, you're not really hurting the other nation b/c the AI does not use those type units as it should or like we do. So, they never really miss them.
Chances are also that you will only have to do this once, at least if the volatility is set high as natural warfare will eventually do the same thing for you.
I hope this is clear enough for you but if ya got a question, feel free to ask! :lol:

EDIT: And I did this for a PC that isn't really slow. A friend of mine and myself actually custom built it to play another, much higher end graphics game but for whatever reason, SRCW lags like a mofo by year five or so. Deleting the unneeded units will go a long way to freeing up speed.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Here are some findings i have about the lag:
- Trees are rendered in 3D and can cause lag. I think there should be a section in SupremeWiki that tells which files to remove (rename or backup them just in case) in order to get rid of 3D trees.
- Research panel and military units production panels cause lag. Apparently game renders all unit designs available in 3D even though they may not be visible on screen and when you have lots of unit designs to either research or produce, you start getting significant lags.
- It could be graphic card specific - some cards could have more of an issue then the others.

My system is I7 quad core with ATI Radeon 5970 graphic card (8GB RAM and 64 bit Win7 too) and neither one should be bottleneck. However, I had to get rid of 3D trees to get rid most of the lag, and still I have to pause game when I try to select production or research when playing scenario/mod that give me lots of unit designs because the lag get out of hand in those moments.

Return to “Issues & Support”