No one research new units- Sandbox Game

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Asimov
Sergeant

No one research new units- Sandbox Game

Post by Asimov »

Hi, I am now playing a 1958 sandbox game as Taiwan and trying to buy new unit techs from the majors, but the problem is none of the countries in the world researched new units. What I am describing seems to be different from what had already been reported in relation to research technology, as I couldn't find new units being researched in the diplo screen around the world.

One would have expected to find the USA has researched F-86 Saber and the USSR has researched Mig-15 in 1958, but all the interceptor unit techs I can see in the diplo screen are the three present from the start of the game.

I wonder whether this is a bug or just a serious manifestation of the issue of research priority. Thanks.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: No one research new units- Sandbox Game

Post by Balthagor »

Or, you haven't researched the non-tradable prerequisites needed to see those designs.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
barkhauer
Colonel

Post by barkhauer »

Balthagor wrote:Or, you haven't researched the non-tradable prerequisites needed to see those designs.
Bingo.
Asimov
Sergeant

Post by Asimov »

Many thanks for the prompt replies, gentlemen. So minor powers trying to catch up tech wise would have bumped into a glass wall, which is partially mitigated by the sales of advanced units from friendly countries?

Also, is it still possible to change to play other countries by using the multiplayer mode in SRCW? Thanks.

Return to “Issues & Support”