transporting units via military transport

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

joecool250
Captain

transporting units via military transport

Post by joecool250 »

i have seen this on other posts but i havent seen if there was a firm resolution but i am wanting to use military transports instead of merchant marine to transport ground units, can this be done, i try to click sea transport but i dont know how in SRCW, the give order button on it doesnt work even though i have active units and transports and ROE seems to be on for defense minister.
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: transporting units via military transport

Post by Fistalis »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBhw5LNRYRg

Pretty crapy video quality but I made this video ages ago and I'm too lazy to make a new one.

Note that this illustrates A sea invasion so uses amphihious transports but the process is the same.
Select units, give order "load into" target the transport you want them to load into.

For what its worth the "sea transport" and "air transport" commands have never worked the way I want them to but I assumed its because I'm a freak about micromanagement.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
joecool250
Captain

Post by joecool250 »

well i know how to load things on but i was wanting sea transport to work, along with air transport, not sure i like the merchant marine part as if i want to do an amphibious landing i want it to be able to use a place with no port. i hope someone else can shed some light on this, thanks for your reply though
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

joecool250 wrote:well i know how to load things on but i was wanting sea transport to work, along with air transport, not sure i like the merchant marine part as if i want to do an amphibious landing i want it to be able to use a place with no port. i hope someone else can shed some light on this, thanks for your reply though
Not sure what you mean, the above method uses amphibous transports for an amphibious landing. has nothing to do with merchant marines.
joecool250
Captain

Post by joecool250 »

well when i transport units from one place to another i want the AI to use naval transports instead of merchant marine units, how do i tell it to do this?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

joecool250 wrote:well when i transport units from one place to another i want the AI to use naval transports instead of merchant marine units, how do i tell it to do this?
Can't AI always defaults to merchant marines. If you want to use advanced methods you need to take control yourself. Merchant marines were added because the AI couldn't handle normal transports very well.

Return to “Issues & Support”