Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

vahadar
Colonel
Human: Yes

Research center still owned after colony liberation

Post by vahadar »

Hello,

I have colonized Great Britain as North Vietnam, built one researh center near London, and when i liberated that country after many years i am still the owner of that center.

I havent found this in other threads
Draken
General

Re: Research center still owned after colony liberation

Post by Draken »

Most likely you build it in an empty hex own by the Great Britain and when you did that you automatically built a military complex and when you do that in a colony hex, well the ownership of the hex is transferred to you. As far as I know, that's WAD (working as designed...)
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"
-
Si vis pacem, para bellum
-
It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
Voltaire
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Liberate should return it to the owner.

Do you have a savegame from before the liberation to try liberating again?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

Actually it was built in a city not in a military hex (Reigate south of London). And @Draken, i mean it was still mine after i liberated the country after first colonized it, even in the case if i had build it in a military hex, the military hex should get back to that country after liberating colony.

Yes i have a savegame from before liberation, i will use it and tell you
Last edited by vahadar on Mar 22 2013, edited 1 time in total.
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

Ok i tried many things

To remove all queued and active research before liberating, after liberation, the research center is still mine (the hex belongs to Great Britain thou but the research center is listed as mine when i browse throu the center i own using the arrows on a center i own).

and it is still available for research in my research list

Here is a savegame just before liberating the colonized country (click on the second download button) :
http://www.2shared.com/file/6rOSHp83/No ... gland.html

That's not really a problem in the end, it is just i thought it is a bug ;)
and this save was from a game start with newest version

edit : on a side note before liberating Great Britain, i desactivated all military building i had in their territory to keep the manpower for my country. One year after liberation GB still havent reactivated those military complex, exept those i set for building just prior decolonization.
Also in that savegame you can see the problem with air stacking (China North Korea) on Cheju island. I sold all my Mirage III to India to see if China would use those stacked unit when India cross their territory but they keep being stucked.
edit2 : also in 1977 in my game West Africa and Equatorial Africa countries arent decolonized from France (when they should), is it because it breaks something when France did not manage to decolonize Vietnam Laos and Cambodia in 1954 because i annexed them?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

vahadar wrote:edit : on a side note before liberating Great Britain, i desactivated all military building i had in their territory to keep the manpower for my country. One year after liberation GB still havent reactivated those military complex, exept those i set for building just prior decolonization.
This is a know "issue". And it applies to all buildings that are deactivated or have paused building process. BG didn't teach AI to re-activate or un-pause buildings as they thougt there was no need for such an ability at the time. So before liberating a country, one should unpause, reactivate all buildings manually if he wants AI to use it afterwards...
vahadar wrote:edit2 : also in 1977 in my game West Africa and Equatorial Africa countries arent decolonized from France (when they should), is it because it breaks something when France did not manage to decolonize Vietnam Laos and Cambodia in 1954 because i annexed them?
This also is a know "issue". Those colonies you mentioned have broken independence process, BG never explained in detail but I believe it had something to do with multiple fragmenting they probably tried to implement since those are the only colonies that were supposed to break into more than one country and on different dates...but that's just my guess. :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Sorry for being slow to get back to this...

So when you said the "research cente still belongs to you", did you mean you get the hex ownership or credit for owning the building inside the hex?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Balth, could you fix this "AI issue" in SR1936? The unpausing buildings thing?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

Balthagor wrote:Sorry for being slow to get back to this...

So when you said the "research cente still belongs to you", did you mean you get the hex ownership or credit for owning the building inside the hex?
no...only research center remain in list
If I have 2 RC in my country and I buil 1 in a colony..when I liberate colony in my list I have always 3 RC...but hex is own of ex colony
Con forza ed ardimento
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Okay, I'm seeing the same thing. This is a new one, never been reported before. Thanks for finding it!
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

Balthagor wrote:Okay, I'm seeing the same thing. This is a new one, never been reported before. Thanks for finding it!
it's happen to me just last week end....couse I never liberate a colony before :P
Con forza ed ardimento

Return to “Issues & Support”