EXTREMELY strange issue

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

darkshadow120
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

EXTREMELY strange issue

Post by darkshadow120 »

Well, I was playing the normal SRCW version today, and It got to 1958 and suddenly there are TONS AND TONS of boats from EVERYONE totally flooding the oceans. There have to be millions, because all I see are icons. This LAGS like CRAZY. I have no clue what is happening here. I also found that if I reload from a time way back and try again, it will happen again. I am sorry if there is already a thread on this issue, but it is really crazy and I have never heard about it before. Also, I am sorry for not supplying a picture, because it wont capture "print screen" in game.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: EXTREMELY strange issue

Post by Balthagor »

There have been isolated reports of this issue. The good news is if you save and reload, the game cleans up the ghost units (it's not just ships).

If you still have that earlier savegame, please send it to me. I'd like to do some testing with it. Zip and e-mail with ticket 17102 in the subject line please.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

I've been getting this as well, but only with Fistalis' Shattered World mod. You reload, it goes away. Sometimes it will reappear, but reload clears it again, etc.

I haven't gotten it with vanilla.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Aragos wrote:I've been getting this as well, but only with Fistalis' Shattered World mod. You reload, it goes away. Sometimes it will reappear, but reload clears it again, etc.

I haven't gotten it with vanilla.
Yeah, I never experienced it in vanilla either, but did few times while playing MW from Fist...maybe there are certain situations in game that trigger that bug and some of those mods are more prone to those situations than vanilla?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Sound like an issue with Graphics, GUI or anything similar. Since the game renders units onto the map that are really not there. Could it be a driver issue, I know this is far fetched, but i'm brainstorming here :P
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

no, not hardware/driver related.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Tried new drivers, et al, but it just seems to happen at some point after playing for a few hours. I also tried the Nvidia work around check-box in Options, but no change.

Never happens with land or air units, just ships/merchants.

Return to “Issues & Support”