BUG: Production costs when Industry Output is 0% is wrong...

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

rbilka
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Post by rbilka »

I give you example:
Production >>> Industrial Goods >>> Industry Controls >>> Industry Output:
a) when I set it to 100% (capacity/demand), "production cost" increases to 8,886
b) when I set it to 0% (capacity/demand), "production cost" decreases to 7,228

Another one:
Production >>> Military Goods >>> Industry Controls >>> Industry Output::
a) when I set it to 100% (capacity/demand), "production cost" increases to 18,840
b) when I set it to 0% (capacity/demand), "production cost" decreases to 5,211
Balthagor wrote:3a/3b. We've already indicated elsewhere that when production is absolute zero, the AI cannot properly determine what your cost to produce would be. It needs to make at least 1 unit to determine the true cost..
That sounds like logic calculation problem for me.
Why the game is not able to calculate correct price?

I guest that all input prices are known and should be not changing related to industry output:
1) facility maintenance (fixed cost)
2) wages/salaries for employes. Amount of employes is fixed per facility, and not per "industry output". (About unused facilities I have posted this suggestion: http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 66&t=21185 )
3) price of raw resource unit is also known. The game do not calculate real domestic "raw resource" price, but just simple takes "current world market" price.
4) ammount of raw resources, this is only variable here, in direct correlation with industry output.

So all input production costs are known.
1.,2.,3. are stable, not related to Industry Output level.
4. is variable, when "Industry Output" level is 0%, this part of input costs is 0, but others are not changing.
Following this logic, maximum effeciency (lower production cost for unit) should be at 100% industry output.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: BUG: Production costs when Industry Output is 0% is wron

Post by Balthagor »

As I'm not the programmer I can't say why, I just know that the engine does not know the true cost to produce if the region does not produce any. This is a low priority.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
rbilka
Warrant Officer

Post by rbilka »

Balthagor wrote:As I'm not the programmer I can't say why, I just know that the engine does not know the true cost to produce if the region does not produce any. This is a low priority.
Just to be sure:
Of course it can be low priority, but only in case, when the "wrong production cost" are calculated at "Industry Output" at 0%, and on other levels it is OK.
But because you are not programmer, how you can tell, if it so?
It can be just oposite, that correct "production costs" is calculated ONLY when "Industry Output" is 0%! And at any other "Industry Output" level, calculations can be wrong :) Than it should have very big priority.

But thanks anyway.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I have spoken to George about some of this and he is confident that the costs shown are correct. The costs when you are producing also match with the values on the expense report.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues & Support”