Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Polsie
Corporal
Human: Yes

Unit fabrication don't work

Post by Polsie »

Hi,

I don't know if there is already a topic like this, I searched but found nothing.

Here is my problem.

If I coutry surrenders before i have reached all their unit production facilities and cities, and then i annex them if I see the 'pop-up'.
That's the point where i met the problem. Unreached military production facilities will never start building new units. Only facilities that i have really captured with force will start to produce.

Anyone else with this problem, of any solution?

Polsie

p.s.
using 7.2.2
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: Unit fabrication don't work

Post by Ruges »

user error, working as intended.

Units that are Qed to build are Qed for specific fabrication plants. Thus any new fabs that come online will not start producing units you have already Qed. This is a feature so players can Q units for specific area's. For instance One might want all of the airborne units to be built at the fab next to an airfield, Or his amphib units built in a region that has allot of rivers, Or his engineers built near the front lines to repair things, or maybe in his homeland to help speed up new projects, Or maybe all the subs built in the atlantic ocean while the carriers are built in the pacific ocean.

In order to Q a unit to be built at a fabrication plant the fab must be online, it must not be offlined. It must have power, it must have manpower. In order for the units in the Q to start building the fab must be online, you must have the money for the unit, you must have the required military goods for the unit, and or the Uranium. In order to deploy said unit you must have the manpower and the hex must have space for the new unit.
Polsie
Corporal

Post by Polsie »

I have autofabrication on
The military units fabrication is active
I have enough +100.000 reserve personel
I have more than enough money
I have all resources in plus
there a no other units on the hex.
There is a road and a harbour on the hex so there is supplies like i can see with the specific button.

The country surrenderd before i have captured al cities and/or production facitilies
Captured facilities produce (military units)
Have this not in a specific mod, but with all games I play. (even with the campaign)

Anyone else?

Polsie
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

You may wish to test this in the latest update 3 beta.

Also, have you tried click where it says "all production" to select the bases where you don't have production and try to add it yourself.

If you want, zip and send me the savegame. Please include ticket 16973 in the subject line.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Polsie
Corporal

Post by Polsie »

Excuse me,
It is in the apocalyse mod.
Just played a 'normal' sandbox game and dont have the issue again.

But, i will try it again after the next update.

You will hear from me

Polsie
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Polsie wrote:Excuse me,

You will hear from me

Polsie
The apocalypse mod has many issues, and even overwrites the defaut AIparams making the AI do some crazy things even in the default game. I wouldn't suggest installing it.

I once attempted to explain to the creator how and why he should use custom files rather than overwriting the defaults but he told me pretty much he didn't care enough to do that.
Also it hasn't been updated in a few versions which is liable to make it even more of a mess.

If you installed it I would suggest a complete reinstall to fix the default files it overwrites otherwise you may see all kinds of strange things and BG will have no idea what you're talking about since the problem lies in the broken files that are included in the mod.

Edit: Also just to be fair, I had someone run into a similar issue in one of my mods but it never happened again.. it was one of those one time bugs. Doesn't change the fact that the apocalypse mod overwrites some core files with ones that aren't exactly optimized and hasn't been updated to be compatible with the newest version, just means that the fabrication issue might have been a one time issue that you would never see again.
Last edited by Fistalis on Nov 28 2012, edited 5 times in total.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Polsie
Corporal

Post by Polsie »

Fistalis wrote:
Polsie wrote:Excuse me,

You will hear from me

Polsie
The apocalypse mod has many issues, and even overwrites the defaut AIparams making the AI do some crazy things even in the default game. I wouldn't suggest installing it.

I once attempted to explain to the creator how and why he should use custom files rather than overwriting the defaults but he told me pretty much he didn't care enough to do that.
Also it hasn't been updated in a few versions which is liable to make it even more of a mess.

Thanks, I am not playing that mod anymore because the fabricationproblem. Then the research will go a bit slower, the 'normal' sanbox is much funnier due to all the events and the help of 73 allies :P
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Fistalis wrote:
Polsie wrote:I once attempted to explain to the creator how and why he should use custom files rather than overwriting the defaults but he told me pretty much he didn't care enough to do that.
Did they make it so the AIParams could be a custom file for CW? I know in 2020 the file had to be called "AIParams.csv" You could change it to any custom name in the .scenario file, but it would read the defualt AIParams for some things. (I think some things that the AI does with its units are hardcoded in to look for the file called AIParams.csv instead of looking at the .scenario file for the new custom file.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

In theory, by redefining what is in the "all load" include file you can do this.

It might even work to use #include to include a second, overriding AI file.

None of this has been tested...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Ruges wrote:
Fistalis wrote:
Polsie wrote:I once attempted to explain to the creator how and why he should use custom files rather than overwriting the defaults but he told me pretty much he didn't care enough to do that.
Did they make it so the AIParams could be a custom file for CW? I know in 2020 the file had to be called "AIParams.csv" You could change it to any custom name in the .scenario file, but it would read the defualt AIParams for some things. (I think some things that the AI does with its units are hardcoded in to look for the file called AIParams.csv instead of looking at the .scenario file for the new custom file.
Well the modern world mod has been running a custom AI params thats called directly from the scenario file since SRCW released and from my experience it works. I've had less success with custom allload.ini files, but the Custom AI params works great. Although since that my custom file is the default file in the latest beta.. and might be part of update 3 I may not need to do it that way anymore. :lol:

There was some caveats.. i dont remember exactly what they were.. as in it had to be present for both the cache and when the player starts the game. But if you check out my modern world scenario file you'll see how its done.

Short answer.. yes. :wink:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace

Return to “Issues & Support”