Changing savegame locations

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Big Punisher
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Changing savegame locations

Post by Big Punisher »

How's it done? How do I move the location, and get saves to be put there?
Fistalis
General

Re: Changing savegame locations

Post by Fistalis »

Big Punisher wrote:How's it done? How do I move the location, and get saves to be put there?
There is 2 places it can be put. Its done via the options. Either its saved to My games. Or its saved in the root folder for supreme ruler cold war. Depending on if you have the "save to my games" or w.e option selected.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Big Punisher
Lieutenant

Post by Big Punisher »

Fistalis wrote:
Big Punisher wrote:How's it done? How do I move the location, and get saves to be put there?
There is 2 places it can be put. Its done via the options. Either its saved to My games. Or its saved in the root folder for supreme ruler cold war. Depending on if you have the "save to my games" or w.e option selected.
Oh, I wasn't specific. I know about that, but if I uncheck the "My Games" box my save gets erased instantly upon saving. Another box comes up saying "Savegame/". I want to know if I'm supposed to type anything in there, or what I can do to get saves to go to the root folder. Currently there is no savegame folder in the program files. There's another thread, in the support section, created by Balthagor titled "Hunt for Corrupt Save Crash" where it's more specific, but also touches on other things.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Big Punisher wrote:
Fistalis wrote:
Oh, I wasn't specific. I know about that, but if I uncheck the "My Games" box my save gets erased instantly upon saving. Another box comes up saying "Savegame/". I want to know if I'm supposed to type anything in there, or what I can do to get saves to go to the root folder. Currently there is no savegame folder in the program files. There's another thread, in the support section, created by Balthagor titled "Hunt for Corrupt Save Crash" where it's more specific, but also touches on other things.
Create a save game folder in your root folder. Should solve the issue. Its not getting deleted.. its just not finding the folder to save it into. Make sure the folder has full access to read/write from anyone.

I don't even know what they were trying to accomplish with partitioning..
Last edited by Fistalis on Sep 26 2012, edited 1 time in total.
Big Punisher
Lieutenant

Post by Big Punisher »

Fistalis wrote:
Big Punisher wrote:
Fistalis wrote: There is 2 places it can be put. Its done via the options. Either its saved to My games. Or its saved in the root folder for supreme ruler cold war. Depending on if you have the "save to my games" or w.e option selected.
Create a save game folder in your root folder. Should solve the issue. Its not getting deleted.. its just not finding the folder to save it into..
Can I just cut/paste the one from "My Games"? Also, what should I do with the "Options" file that's there too?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Big Punisher wrote: Oh, I wasn't specific. I know about that, but if I uncheck the "My Games" box my save gets erased instantly upon saving. Another box comes up saying "Savegame/". I want to know if I'm supposed to type anything in there, or what I can do to get saves to go to the root folder. Currently there is no savegame folder in the program files. There's another thread, in the support section, created by Balthagor titled "Hunt for Corrupt Save Crash" where it's more specific, but also touches on other things.
Options file would stay. Just the save games folder. Just make sure you give full read/write access to the SRCW programs folder. (probably don't need to but I never know how peoples systems are set up)

Edit just so i'm clear your save games folder should be in the supreme ruler folder not the ROOT of C: or whatever.
Big Punisher
Lieutenant

Post by Big Punisher »

Yeah, that's where I put it. Thank you, I got it working.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Big Punisher wrote:Yeah, that's where I put it. Thank you, I got it working.
No problem. :wink:

Return to “Issues & Support”