Spies not working (split from U3 Beta)

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Gudgey25
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Spies not working (split from U3 Beta)

Post by Gudgey25 »

Is anyone else having problems sending spies? I can't assign any missions anywhere!

Also China is at war with France and there's a huge number of units loitering on the Burma coast, which I am sure they could use elsewhere. I think that you're all aware of this problem, but it's another example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gudgey25
Warrant Officer

Re: Update 3 Testing (not the actual update)

Post by Gudgey25 »

Is anyone else having problems sending spies? I can't assign any missions anywhere!
Anyone else not able to use spies, or am I just being blonde?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Gudgey25 wrote:
Anyone else not able to use spies, or am I just being blonde?
This is an old bug, didn't see it in the changelog so assume its still broke. (just like mr genies problem with garrisons, old bug, not mentioned in changlog = still broke)

IIRC it pops up primarily with nations that don't start with an intelligence agency. Unless you're referring to All spies, in which case you're probably being blonde.
Last edited by Fistalis on Sep 24 2012, edited 2 times in total.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Gudgey25
Warrant Officer

Post by Gudgey25 »

This is an old bug, didn't see it in the changelog so assume its still broke. (just like mr genies problem with garrisons, old bug, not mentioned in changlog = still broke)

IIRC it pops up primarily with nations that don't start with an intelligence agency. Unless you're referring to All spies, in which case you're probably being blonde.
Hmmm, I'm playing as USA and I have 50 spies, so I guess I do have an intelligence agency? But, no matter what mission or map location I select, no spies ever get sent :(
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Gudgey25 wrote:

Hmmm, I'm playing as USA and I have 50 spies, so I guess I do have an intelligence agency? But, no matter what mission or map location I select, no spies ever get sent :(
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... ilit=spies
Don't think we ever discovered the particular circumstances that would cause this issue. But its been known for awhile. being hard to reproduce though makes it hard to fix. (I was wrong about my assertion that it was related specifically to nations that start with out Intelligence agencies, as looking over my posts in teh old thread show)

Sharing your save game may help them further isolate the issue.
gavco98uk
Warrant Officer

Post by gavco98uk »

Fistalis wrote:
Gudgey25 wrote:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... ilit=spies
Don't think we ever discovered the particular circumstances that would cause this issue. But its been known for awhile. being hard to reproduce though makes it hard to fix. (I was wrong about my assertion that it was related specifically to nations that start with out Intelligence agencies, as looking over my posts in teh old thread show)

Sharing your save game may help them further isolate the issue.
I have been able to reproduce this consistently. It seems to be an issue with save games, and breaks for both nations that start with intelligence agencies, and ones that build them.

To reproduce do the following:

1) Start a new game as any nation
2) if they do not have an intelligence agency, build one
3) deploy spies, and they work no problem
4) save the game then return to the main menu
5) load the save game
6) try to deploy spies, you are now unable to use spies
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

gavco98uk wrote:...To reproduce do the following:...
I launched as UK, sent spies to East Germany. Save, quit to menu, reload, spies work fine.

Any other suggestions?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:
gavco98uk wrote:...To reproduce do the following:...
I launched as UK, sent spies to East Germany. Save, quit to menu, reload, spies work fine.

Any other suggestions?
in the other thread it was discovered that the Issue was due to removing minister control. Spies cannot deploy without minister control.

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 66&t=19392

Pretty much the step he skipped was to turn off minister control of units :lol:

(turning minister control back on allows spies to work again.. so its a bug but has a built in work around..)

Return to “Issues & Support”