Weird bug in the beta update

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

mikeownage
Colonel

Weird bug in the beta update

Post by mikeownage »

So, I was playing a game and defeated South Vietnam as China and some how or another I gained 15,000,0000m from defeating them of which they never had that amount of money. Then after I received that amount of money I started to lose 2,000m a day when before I was making about 30m a day. Seems the more money you have in your treasury the bigger the amount you money you lose.

Savegame file: http://www.mikeownage.com/mike/coldwar/china-wtf.SAV

I find the craziest things when I play china. If i play smaller countries I don't usually have any issues lol.

If I posted this in the wrong place I am sorry, not sure if I am suppose to post bugs regarding the update 3 beta or not.

Last edited by mikeownage on Sep 25 2012, edited 1 time in total.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Weird bug in the beta update

Post by Balthagor »

mikeownage wrote:...I gained 15,000,0000m from defeating them of which they never had that amount of money...
You're sure? That would be good to see a savegame...
mikeownage wrote:...started to lose 2,000m a day...
Once you go this far out of range on the numeric values strange things happen. Either way this is all "economy" related so needs retesting in the final update since the economy in the update is known to be broken. That's what we're working on now.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
barkhauer
Colonel

Post by barkhauer »

Loaded up this save game, saw evidence of 1-day completions for facilities, so I can assume that you were using the breakground cheat. Were you using any others?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Already seen reports that using cheats messes up the economy...can't remember when was it but the same thing happend (guy used cheats, conquered a country, got insane amount of money from them and the whole game went to sh****)...

EDIT: found the original thread :wink: http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... g+a+colony
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

I never used the one day cheat build or the money cheat, I opened the menu and disablde fog of war though as I started with that enabled. You can see the treasury benefit notice from South Vietnam in the list which shows the massive money gain.

barkhauer wrote:Loaded up this save game, saw evidence of 1-day completions for facilities, so I can assume that you were using the breakground cheat. Were you using any others?
Never used the 1-day build cheat or any others in this game. Don't see how you can find any evidence of that as it was never used.
Balthagor wrote: You're sure? That would be good to see a savegame...
I included the savegame in my initial post.
barkhauer
Colonel

Post by barkhauer »

Several notices of you starting building, f.e., Aircraft Fabrication, then another message about it completing the next day. Same for a Land Fab or two.
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

barkhauer wrote:Several notices of you starting building, f.e., Aircraft Fabrication, then another message about it completing the next day. Same for a Land Fab or two.
Those are different ones, I build more then one at a time and try to time it so I start building the new one right as one finishes.

Also, you can easily verify that I haven't cheated just by looking at the CRTL + SHIFT + S Menu.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

But South Vietnam is already dead. To see the strange transfer of many on killing a region I need the save from before they are dead. I'll look at the save some more.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

Oh, I don't have one from before.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The loss of money is because you're treasury value is so far out of the expected range. Give away all but 50B$ and you'll see that day over day you get the proper change. The values start to get a bit strange once your treasury goes over 1000B. If you get a "before" save for the gaining more than the treasury has issue, send it and I'll take a look.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

Balthagor wrote:The loss of money is because you're treasury value is so far out of the expected range. Give away all but 50B$ and you'll see that day over day you get the proper change.
Well, nice to know it will fix itself once I am broke enough.
Balthagor wrote:If you get a "before" save for the gaining more than the treasury has issue, send it and I'll take a look.
I don't have a save from before I conquered South Vietnam and made the 15,000,000M

Since the treasury seems to have issues with amounts over 1,000B maybe you could make some way for the user to choose to store money in some type of reserve or something. Kind of like a saving account for your country. This way people who manage to save up a massive amount of money won't be punished.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

I've had that happen once before (took out Jamaica as the US--Jam was still a UK colony). Conquered them and got 15,000,000. Not repeatable and was in a game I had modded to have no as-start treaties. I haven't seen it again, but will keep an eye out for it. It was not repeatable in the weird game--reloaded, retook the island, and no extra cash.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

mikeownage wrote:... maybe you could make...
If we spend any time, it will be on making it harder for regions to have such unrealistic treasuries. In fact, that is part of the Update 3 economic work currently in progress...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Big Punisher
Lieutenant

Post by Big Punisher »

Balthagor wrote:
mikeownage wrote:... maybe you could make...
If we spend any time, it will be on making it harder for regions to have such unrealistic treasuries. In fact, that is part of the Update 3 economic work currently in progress...
The a.i. won't like that lol. It already has problems trying to make money. I've seen the U.S. go into absolutely massive debt trying to stay out of the negative.

This also wasn't caused by him saving money. Something went wrong and he got that money.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Big Punisher wrote:...This also wasn't caused by him saving money. Something went wrong and he got that money.
I still need to see a savegame to confirm that but he's complaining about the fact that it says he should be making money but his treasury is losing money. That's because the value is so high.

And the countries crashing is because U3 Beta doesn't have the economy stuff fixed. One of our tests since then the countries were all getting rich, even the colonies. The economy has changed a lot in the last few weeks.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues & Support”