losing money randomly?

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

mikeownage
Colonel

losing money randomly?

Post by mikeownage »

So, today I noticed I was losing money which is strange considering my budget shows me making over 200m A day. It's been about a week in game with the same issue of losing money even thought I am suppose to be making money.

dax1
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: losing money randomly?

Post by dax1 »

maybe some agreement?
Con forza ed ardimento
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

Are you building?
Are you auto-buying if cheaper?
Are you Researching?
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

I am researching, am not auto buying anything. I produce everything I need. I am building but I started the projects a while ago. I have made zero deals to where I would be sending money to another country. Since I produce more of everything then I use most countries buy from me through trades.
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

Research and military spending can be very costly...what does this screen look like in your game? (finances)
expenses.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

So, I watched my game closely, it appears that some costs are deducted from treasury at various times during the day, and the "surplus " is applied to treasury at the end/beginning of the next day..
expenses2.jpg

As you can see I carry a substantial surplus, but at the time I capped this my treasury showed in the red.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

Ok, well i decided to start a new game and have noticed that my surplus is 195 million per day but my treasury only increases by 135 million per day.

I even went and scrapped all my military units in reserve after i saved and only gained 4 million still missing a lot of money somewhere.

My savegame file can be downloaded here.

Any information as to why I don't make the amount of money i'm suppose to would be great, never had this issue with 2010.
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

you are definitely losing 60 million a day..and I cannot find where. I turned everything off (even production!)

I did get the labor shortage message around April 1st, so there might be some kind of wage "penalty" associated with that, based on population...but I cant know for sure.

I'll continue to let the game finish all construction and see if anything changes
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I'll take a look when I have a minute...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

Now my surplus shows 188 million and my trade is +118 million and I am only getting about 38 million added to my treasury a day it's getting worse...

latest save game: http://www.mikeownage.com/mike/coldwar/china4-4.SAV
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

I just checked my current game, (1989, i own most of the world) and of a surplus (daily) of 8,810M, my treasury only increased 1,232m, plus 1,150 from trades. I can't help but think that these are just unreported expenses (such as road maintenance for me is over 6,000M) possibly embassy staff (i have 40 allies) and things of this nature that just aren't reported in the finances tab.
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

Well, what's weird is I didn't gain any new allies or territory but the expense went up. It didn't stay the same.
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

Any news on where the money is going?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

not yet. Analyzing it got more difficult since the latest version of the game I'm testing with has economic changes that affect the numbers. We'll be investigating this one a bit further.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues & Support”