Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

stocker.orc
Corporal
Human: Yes

Game refuses to launch

Post by stocker.orc »

Gents;

1. Had SRCW from its inception to the present; worked fine until about two months ago;

2. I changed the in-game resolution to 1024x1920 (due to size of monitor) - game promptly crashed, requiring a re-boot of the computer; and

3. Since that time, I've attempted to delete/reinstall and delete all cache files associated with the game. No sucess.

Any ideas on how to move forward?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Game refuses to launch

Post by Balthagor »

An uninstall/reinstall should reset everything in the registry. We've got no other reports of anything like this. Have you tried again?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Not sure on your OS etc However, My suggestion would be to Uninstall, Reboot, Reinstall. Sometimes registry entries don't get wiped properly til you reboot. :wink:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Right now I'm programming some methods using .net to manipulate the registry.
I've noticed under some conditions, even with elevated rights you might still not have the right to change
some specific registry keys.

To successful manipulate them, you don't need "any" elevated user but specific the "administrator" account
to set those registry keys.

I doubt this is the issue with SR-CW as I just checked the key securities on my own PC and I don't
see any conflict here, but you might want to check them out anyway..

Also, are you using Win7? I have still no idea why, but a program running from \users\user\appdata\.. suddenly
without me understanding why, loads the files from \programdata\..

Don't ask me why, probably because I'm using this PC as development PC as well and change a lot in the registry,
but, I could imagine when you're running the game unelevated, or not admin, and this happens to you, some
files may be missing or you don't have access to them causing a crash upon load.

Also you might want to check the security settings on \program files(x86)\battlegoat\supreme ruler...

I've seen many strange things happening from wrong security settings (I can't explain why those
security settings sometimes get corrupted)

Also I'm not sure this will help you, but you might wanna try..
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
stocker.orc
Corporal

Post by stocker.orc »

1. Running Windows 7 - I've had other issues with hidden cache files before, leading to corrupted data files (in Hearts of Iron 3 particularly);

2. Yes, I've tried deleting/restarting/reinstalling (still no joy);

3. Using the Steam version of the game.

4. I'll try to specifically ensure the Administrator settings, however, I tend to run from the sole (Administrator) account...

Thanks for the suggestions,

Andrew

Return to “Issues & Support”