AI tech research priority bugged

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

number47
General
Human: Yes

AI tech research priority bugged

Post by number47 »

I'm almost sure I've seen this pop up somewhere before but for the love of God couldn't manage to find where, so I started a new thread :oops:

As AI tends to get in financial problems very often, I believe that landlocked countries like Hungary, Afganistan, Austria and others (shortly, all of landlocked ones |O ) should not have any reason to start researching sea-related techs. If an AI minister of such country decides to do that, he should be declared enemy of the state and shot on the spot. Some of these techs, like Amphibious Assault Designs for example, are quite expensive and researching them makes no sense...

[_]O
As I'm not familiar with game mechanics, this might be unfixable but I seriously think putting some kind of priorities or restrictions on AI tech research is a "must do". Restriction is a bit strong word as I don't want to create a situation where a starting landlocked country can't research sea-related tech later when they ceased to be landlocked but if it is possible, maybe you could put some kind of "extremely ultra low" priority on sea-related techs for starting landlocked countries?
Last edited by number47 on Jun 19 2012, edited 1 time in total.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: AI tech research priority bugged

Post by Balthagor »

Some changes have been made to how "poor" countries allocate money to research for update 3. Still testing who effective it is...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Honestly, I think a lot would be fixed if we could work in some sort of tech advancement bonus system. Example, 1945 airplane technology in 1970--it should be a lot cheaper for any country to get the tech as years pass (the spread of basic technology, etc.). That way if AFG focuses on submarine tech, it would get it in a matter of days, not months/years tying up the research que.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Landlocked countries still keep wasting time and money on researching naval techs |O ...and for some reason all AI countries seem to prioritize naval tech research HUH

I believe very few AI nations should force researching submarine technologies, aircraft carrier technologies and other "startegic" or "force projection" weapons tech while at the same time totally ignoring land military technologies (or civilian tech) which results in they driving in WWII tanks in the '80s :evil:

In other words, except for 5-10 countries that can qualify as superpower (or superpower to become), majority of others should have very low priority for naval tech research and focus on other branches of technologies.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

There may be some non-naval techs that need the naval stuff.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Balthagor wrote:There may be some non-naval techs that need the naval stuff.
I'll check but I'm pretty sure that submarine techs are totally separated from all other...as I never research those and I reach 80s tech with no problem :P
...same goes for aircraft carriers techs...
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Balth,

is there a way I can do something about this through modding or this falls into programming domain?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Not sure until I investigate this further.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues & Support”