How do I organise ships?

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Onthebeach
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

How do I organise ships?

Post by Onthebeach »

May I first confess I do not have time to spend days on my computer learning how to play SRCW, which seems to be the only way to learn it as there is no decent manual that I have found to guide a newcomer (the you tube videos are almost useless).

But I REALLY want to love this game!

OK, as a start, can someone give me some really basic steps on how to organise and use naval power? I see all these ships (I am playing the USA) all over the world, seemingly cruising around randomly. Or are they? I would LIKE to organise them into fleets and concentrate them at specific points so I can for example, go beat up Cuba, but I simply don't know where to start or how.

Help!!!!!!!!!!

Kim in Australia
DenisG
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: How do I organise ships?

Post by DenisG »

There are many different ways how to do that.

In case you talk about the manual setting, I usually have several ships follow a slow transport ship while relocating the fleet I allocated. For combat setup, I usually have a centre formation with supply and carrier ships (as the US) and destroyers and fregates around that, flanked by stacks of 4 submarines each for protection. However, I try to not move them around all the time, but have them sit on important spots in order to economize on fuel and supplies. One main issue when starting with the US is the range capacity of most destroyers in operation.

Cheers,
Denis

Return to “Issues & Support”