Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

MK4
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Unit Costs - T-80 example, split from Errata

Post by MK4 »

Aragos wrote:Interesting points, all.

I wonder though if you started making M60A1 tanks again how much the up-front expenses would be (retooling, etc.). One of the reasons the US kept building a few M1's a month even after the contract ended was to keep the assembly lines going--one of the benefits of arms sales is that you get to keep making things you normally would have stopped producing (IIRC, the US kept making the F-4 Phantom II even after the US quit using it, all for overseas sales).
It`s something that I`ve been thinking of ever since I first played SR. I would really have liked to have to set up a production line for each vehicle so that you`re producing according to a plan instead of just queuing units in whatever order you want. In the lines you`ve mentioned, changing production would require time to reset the production line and also money to retool. Something like this would make for a much more intense strategy. But I don`t think this would have worked in game after all. For one thing it might have screwed the Ai behavior(and its army composition) for I doubt it will have handled such switches well and then with the constant wars that give you no break you kinda need to jump from one product to the other as the situation demands it. But it would be an interesting thing to have to choose between continuing the production of a certain unit and switching to a more advanced design that would have had the drawback of needing time and money to switch production to.
EDIT: btw, something like this would have made producing units for export a really important thing for it would have kept the production lines open even after your own necessity had been fulfilled.
Too bad the game doesn't have the building benefits that HOI3 has--the more you build of something, the cheaper it is. Build 1 CV and it's expensive, build 50 and your cost drops a lot.
I wasn`t aware of that actually(in regards to HoI). What an interesting feature that would have been!
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Yes, I agree it would be nice to have to produce to a plan, but first we need to get some sort of export system working which has been discussed elsewhere (as well as a proper selling system to go along with it)
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Post by Zuikaku »

SGTscuba wrote:Yes, I agree it would be nice to have to produce to a plan, but first we need to get some sort of export system working which has been discussed elsewhere (as well as a proper selling system to go along with it)
Hope, they are working on this....
Please teach AI everything!

Return to “Issues & Support”