Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Import bug

Post by mrgenie »

Screenshot attached
Saved game attached.

Oh, I have to take that back.
I made a screenshot and a saved game, but this forum doesn't allow any file upload :(

Too bad, another bug I've encountered where support doesn't allow the user to upload
a saved game or screenshot.

I can understand the saved game up to some point, but not allowing a jpeg file?
gee..

Anyway,
My stock is 9,021,244
Production 789,543
Actual use 803,745
Trades -1,741

Go figure, why on earths name would anyone import and pay twice the price for it
for something you have in stock millions of it!

Too bad we can't post bug reports here online :(
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: Import bug

Post by number47 »

You can post screeshots, just mind that there is a size limit regulation :wink:

EDIT: (check the AAR section if you don't believe)
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

As mentioned Jpegs of a certain size are allowed, else you can do what others have done (including myself) and we design video games, not forum software so you're complaining to the wrong ppl.

And there is not nearly enough information here to claim this is a bug. What's your minister set to? What are you production values?

If you want to send me the savegame to look at I can look for why the minister chose to purchase. Ticket 16564

example of uploaded jpeg;
077_Command_Unit_Rendered_01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

On a topic note, I see that "issue" all the time and I wondered as well WTF but never found it to be such an anoyment to report it :lol:
FYI: I lock all ministers in a prison to ensure my dictatorship runs smoothly :D
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

same here. Honestly, I think sometimes the AI will buy materials if they are cheap, etc. even if you don't need it at the moment. Normally, it is in such small amounts that I dont worry about it too much playing a big country. Smaller ones, I tend to micromanage the system.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Anyone can send me a savegame on that ticket, I'll present them to George as cases where we need to improve the AI's handling of commodities. If the AI has lots of money, buying cheap goods from the market is a plausible explanation but I have no problem double checking the situation.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

If its important enough for me to pay attention to its important enough for me to lock the minister out of. Then again I'm a micromanagement megalomaniac so..(wouldn't surprise me though, there is a reason the first thing I do every game is lock my ministers out of everything)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Great to see support is still alive.

e-Mail send. You do accept emails with the size of 12MB I hope? Else I have to split it up in zip containers
number47
General

Post by number47 »

mrgenie wrote:Great to see support is still alive.

e-Mail send. You do accept emails with the size of 12MB I hope? Else I have to split it up in zip containers
Even singe .rar or .zip file will bring the savegame under 10mb...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

mrgenie wrote:Great to see support is still alive.

You should always zip it, wasting bandwidth is a bad habit, we have bandwidth limits with overage fees in Canada.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

I didn't know about the bandwidth thing. Sorry.

Since at least 10 years I have unlimited internet, didn't know there were
still internet providers with limited bandwidth. Will remind it next time :)
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

mrgenie wrote:I didn't know about the bandwidth thing. Sorry.

Since at least 10 years I have unlimited internet, didn't know there were
still internet providers with limited bandwidth. Will remind it next time :)
[_]OT
Even the majority of US ISPs have a bandwidth limit.. they just sneak it into the contract. Difference is in the U.S. the limits are usually 150 to 200 GB or so. Unless of course your paying for the most expensive package which is usually the tune of 150$+ month.

This is something ISPs were adding to their previously "unlimited" plans in the last few years. Its a good idea to check the fine print with your ISP and make sure they didn't sneak one in on you. AT&T, charter , Comcast etc.. most major ISPs now have bandwidth caps.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Canadian monthly caps are usually ~ 20GB I think. Canadian internet/cell usage is some of the most expensive in the world IIRC :(

One of the biggest reasons I don't like getting my games from Origin/Steam/Impulse/Gamefly.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:Canadian monthly caps are usually ~ 20GB I think. Canadian internet/cell usage is some of the most expensive in the world IIRC :(

One of the biggest reasons I don't like getting my games from Origin/Steam/Impulse/Gamefly.
ya the main reason most people in the U.S. don't realize there are caps is they tend to be high enough that most people never hit them. If they reduced them to 20 or 30gbs alot more people would realize it by hitting the caps. :wink: Also it helps that they only really enforce the caps in areas where there is more traffic than their backbone can handle. (read : Densely populated or old systems)

Mine is like 100 GB a month and my roommate is constantly streaming movies, watching You Tube etc and We've never hit ours.(probably lack of enforcement in our area since I have no doubt I've hit 100GB in one month at least once in the last few years)
Only reason I know it exists is I'm one of those people that parses everything in the fine print.
(which is why I have an aversion to digital distribution.. those subscriber agreements are horrible.)
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

In short: on the north American continent there's a general cap on bandwidth.

Probably on other regions on the planet as well, but I never hit any limit.
I have a private virtual network around the continent using DD-wrt firmware
on Linksys routers so I can track every single bit going in and out of the entire network.

Last Month I've downloaded 26 Blu-ray's of 30-50Gigs each (we watch one every day
in the evening) On top of that some 48Gigs of other traffic, but the Blu-ray's undoubtedly are
the big bandwidth eaters.

We live in Russia, as European family, and thus we prefer everything in original language
(French, German, Spanish, English, Dutch, Italian) with the English subtitles.
These are not to get in Russia, thus we get it from providers in Europe and the States.
We buy them legal, because paid providers allow us to download at rates up to 100Mbit,
which is our internet connection, so we can watch them either streamed or download them
complete within a short period.

Our ISP never complained to us about the Bandwidth. I pay 50EUR/Month for it ~70USD.
For electricity we pay 5Cents(EUR) per kWh, ~7 dollar cents.
Maybe the ISP's here can operate cheap because of the cheap electricity? Not sure why
they are so expensive in the States..

But, I also host several sites in the States at Dreamhosters, I use about 850Gigs there, and
they also never complained to me about it. Although I only pay 10USD per month.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say:"I never experienced or hit any limits or got complaints,
that's why I didn't know about the bandwidth thing"

Also I've read 2 years ago in a magazine that the backbone network in Europe is only utilized up
to a maximum of 10%. The other 90% are simply not used. Some glass fiber network it was..

Maybe that's keeping prices low on our markets here, because some investor invested a lot,
and then it wasn't used.. So supply is much more then demand.. and then prices went down..
The company building the network also went bankrupt at some point.. Not sure when..
Also I don't know, now streaming videos is coming in more and more if the network is still
utilized only 10%.. But obviously they still have some reserves to keep bandwidth relatively cheap
in Europe.

Return to “Issues & Support”