Massive Soviet Influence

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SarouSaren
Corporal
Human: Yes

Massive Soviet Influence

Post by SarouSaren »

Ok, I'm trying to get into the Supreme Ruler Cold War game, I find it pretty confusing at the moment so what I like doing for now is picking Andorra or other small nations and trying to learn while not being too important... but I keep seeing the same thing EVERY game. All the Pro-US, US-Leaning, Neutral.. etc nations always end up leaning towards the Soviet side as the game goes on.

It doesn't matter if they are Japan, France, United Kingdom, Canada, in the end they all go to the USSR side given enough time, why is this? I've almost never seen a country go from USSR-Leaning/Neutral to going to the US-Side, is this a bug? Has it been fixed? I don't know where to find patches and how to install them, in fact I'm not sure if there even are ones. Is this normal? Is it fixable? Etc. An explanation for this would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks again!
Hundane
General

Re: Massive Soviet Influence

Post by Hundane »

SarouSaren
Corporal

Post by SarouSaren »

Ok, I just tried now to get 7.2.2 (On my starting screen it shows me having 7.1.1) and it asks me to pick a language.. I say English... then directly afterwards it saying "Nothing to update." and then the setup closes.
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Did you update to version 2.1 ?
REQUIRES UPDATE 2 BEFORE INSTALLING
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 63&t=19343
SarouSaren
Corporal

Post by SarouSaren »

I'm not sure.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

What version do you have?
Steam? Gamers gate etc...
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
SarouSaren
Corporal

Post by SarouSaren »

I'm pretty sure I bought it online from Amazon.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

SarouSaren wrote:I'm pretty sure I bought it online from Amazon.
When you start the game do you see a check for updates button?
I honestly don't know how amazon handles its digital games.. but I know for example the steam version must be updated through steam. AFAIK other copies get an update button on the main menu in game when they aren't up to date.

You can download them manually as well. But you need update 2 before you install update 2.2

http://www.battlegoat.com/downloads/SRC ... -7-2-1.exe <--- update 2

If that one tells you there is nothing to install then you either have a steam version, or amazon has its own patching process like steam.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
SarouSaren
Corporal

Post by SarouSaren »

Ok, I got the "update 2" and that allowed me to get the other update you posted previously. I think I am officially now up to date! Thanks for the help, I'll see if this stops the rapid Soviet Influence spread.
SarouSaren
Corporal

Post by SarouSaren »

Ok, I got the "update 2" and that allowed me to get the other update you posted previously. I think I am officially now up to date! Thanks for the help, I'll see if this stops the rapid Soviet Influence spread.
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

In my game it usually depends on who's winning..

If the US are winning, countries move towards the US
if the Soviets are winning, countries move towards the soviets

Usually the leaning towards is less influenced by "type of government" or "ideology" but more
depending on "who's the stronger one"

This doesn't reflect real world politics, since of course Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq, North Korea
are no match for the might of the US war machine. At least not if it comes to a real war..
I don't mean the war fighting smaller combat groups spread all over a country like in Afghanistan
or in Iraq after the illegal occupation and violation of human rights by the US and it's vassals. Of course
such a fight can last 100 years..
But a real army vs. army, the smaller countries are no match for the might of the US occupational force.
still, although Syria, Iran, etc are wiped off the map within a few weeks if the US wanted to, they still
oppose the USA. So it's not based on power in reality, it's more based on which system you prefer.
In the game however, I noticed all that counts is the power of either the US or the USSR.
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906

Return to “Issues & Support”