I'll zip it up and try again in The morning
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Auto and manual save game crashes

Post by Balthagor »

Got it, thanks.

I have run the game and found no problems

- initially loading the game I get an average of 4sec/day (10 days in 40secs, I7-870, 4GB, GeForce GT 320)
- I ran the game from Oct '49 to Nov '50 with autosave on taking manual saves ~ 3 month intervals.
- I then quit, reloaded and ran it through to Aug '51
- I tried it on my second system (P4 single core) and got 8 months in 1h no crash.

You're welcome to post a link to download your savegame and let others try it but I can't find any problem.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Hi yeah I thought u might say that seems to be more an issue with my system rather than any game I start I guess as all games I do have it!

Any ideas as to what that issue maybe? Is it possible to change the save to not just a diffrent folder but a diffrent hard drive? I'm going to try the on my other machine the same save and see how I get on it's mega slow on that machine but it will serve as a good test I guess!

Will also upload the save for others to test when I get home this evening
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

As mentioned in the other thread, this remains extremely elusive. I had hoped that your save actually would crash on my system, then I'd finally have something to trouble shoot with. We will keep digging on our side.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
shaq
Sergeant

Post by shaq »

I get a CTD every month or two since I upped the autosave to every day. It was about 6 months when autosaving every week. I haven't had any corrupted saves. I'll test some more and edit the post. SR2020 has never crashed on me. I may go to 30 days and manually save for awhile and see if it can go longer.
nfcmufc
Private

Post by nfcmufc »

I am also getting this issue. I have found a way that sometimes prevents it from crashing by turning the game speed right down and then pausing before saving. However most of the time it crashes and has meant that I have not had a single save that is longer that ~3years. I have also trie the previously mention option of reinstalling but that seems to have done nothing.

Thanks for any responses and help.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

shaq wrote:I get a CTD every month or two since I upped the autosave to every day. It was about 6 months when autosaving every week. I haven't had any corrupted saves. I'll test some more and edit the post. SR2020 has never crashed on me. I may go to 30 days and manually save for awhile and see if it can go longer.
This was my experience. I got less crashes with a longer autosave period. But in the rare instance a save got corrupted I lost more game time.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

As Balthagor said, upload the files guys, and let others take a peeky. I don't mind running a few save games, I can pop it on my main system, and do my work on my lappytop.
icemanistheking
Lieutenant

Post by icemanistheking »

Somewhat of an update:

After a couple months to really narrow it down, I have concluded that I get corrupt saves when ANY update programs are running in the background (DivX, Java, Windows, HP) - I have been through this enough times now with my game - I do not get corrupt saves, period, when these are all closed prior to opening my save file.

Don't know if this helps anyone else, but there it is.
mweil97479
Sergeant

Post by mweil97479 »

I have the same issue with my version downloded from gamersgate. the game is fine until I save, and the CTS. This is very frustrating. I am a disabled veteran and i dont get to spend money on games very often. This sux. :( Please take this serious and fix it soon. :wink: I bought this game due to the fact that 2020 gold is the best game on the pc. This one was to be even greater. I have Vista and a good system. The game crashes at the save and then the saved file crashes the game when I start the game again. AARRGGHHH!!! |O
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Have you followed the instructions above to send us your DXDiag file?

Are you using autosaves? That should work for you until we find a better solution.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues & Support”