production vs unmet demand

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

daeds
Corporal
Human: Yes

production vs unmet demand

Post by daeds »

Hi, I got a problem with my mil goods, I roduce more than the demand amount, but there still is a unmet demand amount.

production is at 100% capacity, what is 4028 units the demand is at 1529, all the rest seems to vanish?

thanks for help

minister is locked

somehow it seems to work now, no idea what happened :-?
bvb
Colonel

Re: production vs unmet demand

Post by bvb »

Make sure I read that right, production was greater than demand, but you still had unmet demand? Unmet demand can crop up for several reasons.

You have more demand than production, and are not importing any to meet that shortfall.

You have more demand than production, and are not importing enough (increase what you will pay, try bulk buys, etc, there isn't enough global supply for global demand)

You have more production capacity than demand, but shortages of power, industrial goods, ore, etc are limiting production creating the unmet demand. (production bar will have faded blue portion, as if you had reduced production to below 100% of capacity)

Believe I've also seen it happen when my stock ran very low, and production was just barely above demand, so the margin between available and needed was razor thin for a bit.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Military goods are used for ammo and repairs for units as well as extra supplies for transports to supply other troops.. So if your at war its most likely causing a great deal of demand that wouldn't normally be there.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Also, there is a situation when a huge blob of allies is stuck on your territory (either destack issue or waiting for safe passage issue) they will drain your military goods enormously. Happened to me once, went crazy :evil: and the only way I could solve this was to make them all leave my territory. :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
daeds
Corporal

Post by daeds »

number47 wrote:Also, there is a situation when a huge blob of allies is stuck on your territory (either destack issue or waiting for safe passage issue) they will drain your military goods enormously. Happened to me once, went crazy :evil: and the only way I could solve this was to make them all leave my territory. :D

exactly that happened to me, i saw the thread about it a little later yesterday and tried the "cheat" with the savegames in multiplayer... that worked well so far... :D
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Let's hope that when BG fix "destack" and "waiting for safe passage" issues, these won't occur again
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Return to “Issues & Support”