Helping colonies

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Helping colonies

Post by mrgenie »

I noticed something, but maybe I'm wrong, odd about my minister sending troops..

[Current Status]
I'm allied with the USA and USSR (Don't ask me how, don't know that myself.. suddenly they"USSR" surrendered to me while we "NATO" were invading them.. but since I'm too small to handle such an annexation "Netherlands" and I don't want to go bankrupt I simply liberated them and they became my allies)
Anyway.. Now USA, USSR are invading african countries and literally destroying them one after the other.. USSR got maybe 30% of Africa and some countries in central America while USA is conquering now maybe 10% of Africa and some minor states throughout the world.. Not to fall behind, with the help of USA and USSR I managed as NL to conquer France, Spain, Germany UK and some other smaller states.. by doing it step by step, and have the USA and USSR taking 99% of the combat for their account, I could simply annex first the smaller ones, build up and expand.. and then annex the bigger EU countries one by one..

So there are now several big powers on the planet all allied (USSR, USA, Netherlands) and some bigger powers not allied (Japan, China, India)... conquering most of the planet at the moment.. the outcome will probably be 4 or 5 major big powers occupying 90% of the planet(or maybe the whole)

[What is my minister doing]
He is sending troops to countries I'm at war with (great)
He is sending troops to countries my allies are at war with (great) I'm now helping USSR and USA as they helped me!
He is NEVER EVER sending not even 1 single unit to support my colonies!!!!!
I have some colonies(Angola for example) at war.. Angola is fighting Sweden!
Angola managed to get units on Swedish soil and conquer some smaller parts of Sweden.. My Minister didn't send any units
in Norway I've stationed over 50 Land units and within range are around 250 Military warplanes, 100 Supply planes,
and around 30 Warships.. In all Northern Europe I have around 200 Land units left.. the other 1000 Land Units are fighting in Africa,
South America and preparing invasion of Australia.. somehow my Minister is building up massive Units in one of my colonies in South East asia before going to invade.. great tactics..
But none of my units is helping Angola against Sweden. No planes, no warships, no land units are helping them.. While my colonies did send some fighting troops along side the US and USSR troops to help me, my Minister decides never to help any colony..
I have no treaty with sweden. They're CB against me is 100%, as my CB against them is 100%..
But they're armies and the armies of their allies in Europa are too big right now to declare war... it would cost me too much during my war campaigns in South America and the preperation of invading Australia..

So it would be good having my Colony (Angola) to conquer sweden.. avoiding other EU countries declaring any new wars.. and I do have enough troops to help Angola against sweden alone(as long as the others stay out of it)..

I don't know if this is a bug, or if there is some special setting to allow my minister to send troops helping colonies.. But right now.. not 1 colony on the planet(they're all at war with someone) is getting help from my minister.. I can go over to manual sending troops.. but this is not my type of gameplay.. I have not enough time.. I keep the game running background while doing my own work.. and simply from time to time manage my country.. but the ministers should do the rest for me..

So.. BUG? or some SETTING?

Thanks for any help
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Helping colonies

Post by Balthagor »

Have you tried adjusting the Theater/Battlezone priorities for the places you want the minister to send troops?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Helping colonies

Post by mrgenie »

I can elaborate some more on this:

Theater control:
Europe (I'm the Netherlands): priority medium, Focus balanced
North Africa (AI helping USA): priority low, Focus balanced
Australia (Invading with the help of USSR, USA and some other countries helping me)
priority high, Focus Offensive

Battle zones are all default: I did play with them, but I found AI not using them anyway..
if I have a battle zone "Darwin" in Australia everything on the highest, units
still move south attack whatever they consider a higher priority and don't focus on darwin..
so I don't use battle zones really.. didn't see any effect from those settings

Units in Europe: around 400 (doing nothing, standing by)
Units in Africa: around 200 (helping USA)
Units in Australia: 1000 (attacking Australia)

so based on that, the priority settings are ok I guess... except like I said in another thread I'd
like some more control over my theaters with a Theater-Management-Console(window) giving
me feedback and let me set min/max units for theaters to control my army more

Anyway.. I even send units manually to the Angola/Swedish border.. They get hits from Sweden..
Sweden attacking my airplanes flying over their country and attacks my artillery and tanks..
but none of my units shooting back at Sweden, even if their located in a surrounding hex..

I checked all settings on fire rules, etc.. no limits set.. they simply don't fire on Swedish forces..
also I noticed.. in Africa.. I am helping the USA.. but USSR fighting wars there as well... but I'm
not helping them.. although aligned with them..

Some thought: is it maybe because Sweden is USA-Aligned and I'm as well???
Maybe that's also why I'm not helping USSR but do help USA??

That would explain this behavior, and definitely not ok.. even if I'm aligned with the US..
but my minister should also help non-aligned allies.. as well as any aligned Nation (Sweden)
should be attacked by my units if they get into war with any of my colonies..
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906

Return to “Issues & Support”