Targeting specific buildings?

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Scoose
Major

Targeting specific buildings?

Post by Scoose »

Hi, I am having problems targeting specific buildings when firing missiles from bombers/aircraft, I havent tried with sea units but from aircraft I cannot pick which building I want to hit, it just auto targets the main complex and does not give me the choice. Is this the way it is meant to be or amI doing something wrong?

Thanks
Pete.
Scoose
Major

Re: Targeting specific buildings?

Post by Scoose »

can anybody help me with this please?
Scoose
Major

Post by Scoose »

6 days and no answer?
All that I want is for you to tell me if firing cruise missiles can i target an anti aircraft site or barracks, or is it meant to be that I cannot choose. If i can choose can you tell me how please then I will know if my game is bugged and if it is I can send you a save game. Thanks Pete.
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Post by Fistalis »

Your not alone. It seems the ability to target specific facilities was removed, or just hasn't been reimplemnted.
Whats worse is that if there are any units on a hex.. you cannot target any facility and are forced to target units instead.

Definitely on my wish list. You have my full support in poking the devs to fix this. :wink:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Scoose
Major

Post by Scoose »

Thanks mate, thats all I wanted to know was to make sure I wasnt being a tool :P.
Really miss it, do your cruise missiles hit units at a city or complex before they hit the complex?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Scoose wrote:Thanks mate, thats all I wanted to know was to make sure I wasnt being a tool :P.
Really miss it, do your cruise missiles hit units at a city or complex before they hit the complex?
When you choose fire missile.. if there are units in a hex it brings up the list of units and forces you to choose one, you can't just target the hex. Since facilities aren't included in the target list like they were in 2020 you have no choice but to target a unit.
Scoose
Major

Post by Scoose »

Yeah thats what I thought, real waste of cruise missiles. Hope this gets fixed as to me it is definatly broken :(
Thanks again.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Scoose wrote:Yeah thats what I thought, real waste of cruise missiles. Hope this gets fixed as to me it is definatly broken :(
Thanks again.
Couldn't agree more. Until we hear anything from BG on it I'll poke around and see if this is something I can implement. :wink:
Scoose
Major

Post by Scoose »

Would love to be able to help but my only modding experience only went as far as changing Missile Fabs produce 10 missiles instead of 1 :P. Ofcourse if you need help testing anything I would be more than happy to offer my services :D goodluck mate.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Scoose wrote:Would love to be able to help but my only modding experience only went as far as changing Missile Fabs produce 10 missiles instead of 1 :P. Ofcourse if you need help testing anything I would be more than happy to offer my services :D goodluck mate.
Well.. as far as I can tell.. no current order allows you to target a specific building. Even sabotage just targets the hex in general and you get a building at random. |O
Best I can figure so far is maybe make a separate order to target facilities only. Which would by pass the being forced to target units, but you still wouldn't be able to select the specific facility you wanted to target. Similar to how bomb facility works now.

(If i played more and modded less I woulda been complaining about this sooner.)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

noted, I'll see what I can figure out for the next update.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Scoose
Major

Post by Scoose »

Thanks again, really miss taking out other countrys air defences, fabs, barracks and air fields plus infastructure buildings.
Scoose
Major

Post by Scoose »

Bump, just to show I am not alone lol. Also to get to 100 posts :P
HeadClot
Corporal

Post by HeadClot »

Scoose wrote:Thanks again, really miss taking out other countrys air defences, fabs, barracks and air fields plus infastructure buildings.
I did not know that this was a thing in cold war.

That said - I look forward to targeting air defenses.
Scoose
Major

Post by Scoose »

HeadClot wrote:
Scoose wrote:Thanks again, really miss taking out other countrys air defences, fabs, barracks and air fields plus infastructure buildings.
I did not know that this was a thing in cold war.

That said - I look forward to targeting air defenses.

It wasn't in cold war, it was in 2020 they left it out of cw onwards :(

Return to “Issues & Support”