Installation issues on disk.

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Willezurmacht
Corporal
Human: Yes

Installation issues on disk.

Post by Willezurmacht »

New here, so not sure if this is the right forum, so sorry if it's not.

Right, basically, was bought the game for christmas, on CD-Rom. Installed it, as per all the instructions, all normal.

The installation thing finishes, and the game launches.

BUT, it then asks for the CD key.

I entered the confirmation code that was asked for during the installation. It is the right number of characters, and everything. However, it refuses to work. No message saying it's the wrong code, no nothing.

It just does nothing. I press the "tick" button after entering my code, and it immediately changes back into a "cross"... So what, is it the wrong code (in which case I'm in trouble, since it's the only code I was given), or is it a technical issue, or what?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.
Fistalis
General

Re: Installation issues on disk.

Post by Fistalis »

The CD key is ON the CD.. pop it out and take a look. :wink:
If its not taking that CD key then your best off contacting support directly Via E-mail for Key related issues.
Support@battlegoat.com if im not mistaken.

Also.. you could try updating first..not sure if there were any key issues fixed in the updates but there was a release day patch for issues in the CD version. It tries to update when you install it but if your firewall is blocking it etc its possible it didn't get the updates.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Willezurmacht
Corporal

Post by Willezurmacht »

I've tried putting in the code on the disk, as it's the only code I have!

Although, during installation, it was confusingly referred to as a "confirmation code", or something...

And I've updated as much as it allowed me, so I don't think it's that... And I'm CERTAIN I'm not entering it wrong, I wrote it down and scanned it over and all sorts, it's just not working!

I may try to contact support via e-mail then, as you suggested.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Good luck.. i don't suspect anyone will be at the office til tomorrow. :wink:
Let us know what the issue is since I have a CD version I have yet to use the key for.(already have a gamers gate version installed)
Hopefully its an isolated issue. But if not it would be nice to know what to expect.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Fistalis is correct that we're not in the office today. Send the details to Chris@battlegoat.com as well, I might be able to figure it out later today but have some family stuff today still.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues & Support”