I need volunteers for speed testing!

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: I need volunteers for speed testing!

Post by Fistalis »

number47 wrote: Maybe I should make that savegame available for download so Fistalis can check what the hell happens on Day 3? :lol: He is good at pinpointing the problems :D
When I get home, I'll add link for the 20march1968 savegame
link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54294796/20march1968.zip
Hong Kong. Clear that up and it improves some. However there is a further issues. Somehow.. quite a few nations have untis stuck in singapore.. which they don't have transit treaties with. And there is also destack issues on the portuguese island off the coast of Morroco, and on hawaii.

Just to illustrate.. here is the same game a week or so later, after I cleared up the some of the destack issues via multiplayer mode.
Note the destack issue is still around in a few other spots, and some other issues are apparent. But this should give you an idea as to how much slow down is caused by it. If I had taken the time to clear out all the issues the speed would be even more improved.

Also worth noting I was in a rush by the time I saved the last time.. so its still clearing up some of the destack when you start.. the first click of the clock will take a min then It will speed up. I was sick of messing with it after I had switched to the 3rd or 4th country and noticed another destack area that I had to switch back to the first few countries again to fix.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16692168/april1968.rar

Of course thats only a temporary fix since the AI will eventually create and compound the destack issue all over again. Its primarily to illustrate that the destack issue is 90% of the slow down. Even late games are capable of less than a minute per day if the destack issue is removed or resolved.

I hate to keep repeating myself but, this issue should really be top priority for update 3. Not that there aren't other things I want to see added or fixed, but If I had to choose one thing which is really hurting the game right now this would be it. (which is why I keep repeating myself) :wink:

[_]OT In a week or so I'll be busy beta testing Fallen Enchantress for stardock so expect me to be a bit less active in the forums. :lol:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

I notice butt loads of ships (allied, not mine) were just cruising off greece once I liberated it. About 40 of them in the 2 hexs constantly going between the 2, has been like this for about 3-4 years since I liberated greece. I look at Limnos (arma 3 island, at the east end of the dardenelles) and there are about 80 units on that 2 hex island going between the two hexes and has been since I took greece.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Number47, is that link you posted the same one that you used to test the speeds?

I think it is but figured I should make sure as I am looking to test how fast it runs on my system so that I can compare speeds :D

Also sorry to hear that you won't be around for a while Fistalis! Enjoy your testing!
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

domcoppinger wrote:Number47, is that link you posted the same one that you used to test the speeds?

I think it is but figured I should make sure as I am looking to test how fast it runs on my system so that I can compare speeds :D

Also sorry to hear that you won't be around for a while Fistalis! Enjoy your testing!
[_]OT
I'll still be poking around, just not nearly as much as I am now. I imagine sniffing out issues in FE is going to take a majority of my free time. (also not related to beta testing i'll probably be reminding myself how to mod via XML so I can poke around with FE's modding after its released. I haven't touched XML since CiV iV.) I get access tomorrow and I'm still trying to get 0.81 of the modern world out by friday so I probably won't dive too far into testing til this weekend.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

domcoppinger wrote:Number47, is that link you posted the same one that you used to test the speeds?

yes....if the savegame name is 20march1968.zip than it is the same :wink:

EDIT: (so you don't need to look for it)...http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54294796/20march1968.zip
Last edited by number47 on Jan 26 2012, edited 1 time in total.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
AirCav
Sergeant

Post by AirCav »

I have serious issues with gamespeed when every ocean has streams, literally streams of Merhcant fleets moving around the world. And the Vietnamwar started all this. It is unplayable to me so i hope they fix this proxy war or whatever causing this.
THis happens in the modern world mod as well. THen i even have allies and everyone running out if
of fuel all over the oceans with their ships.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

AirCav wrote:I have serious issues with gamespeed when every ocean has streams, literally streams of Merhcant fleets moving around the world. And the Vietnamwar started all this. It is unplayable to me so i hope they fix this proxy war or whatever causing this.
THis happens in the modern world mod as well. THen i even have allies and everyone running out if
The modern world mod doesn't effect the main campaign other than the UI changes. All the rest of the changes are specific to the modern world scenario. If just units moving around causes you massive slowdown.. I would have to ask what your running it on.
AirCav
Sergeant

Post by AirCav »

Fistalis wrote:
AirCav wrote:I have serious issues with gamespeed when every ocean has streams, literally streams of Merhcant fleets moving around the world. And the Vietnamwar started all this. It is unplayable to me so i hope they fix this proxy war or whatever causing this.
The modern world mod doesn't effect the main campaign other than the UI changes. All the rest of the changes are specific to the modern world scenario. If just units moving around causes you massive slowdown.. I would have to ask what your running it on.
Yes, but i have an high-end PC and it handle the game. Regarding the streams of endless merchant ships, it happens in 1953 as well when i play the game. It is the allies who come to assist South Vietnam. And the whole coast from Saigon to Hue is literally littered with vehicles and armor, like a big traffic jam. Allied ships get out of fuel at the oceans playing the vanilla game as well. Glad if it can be solved :)
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Also I have just noticed in 1959, air traffic through the Baltic with planes going back and forth, about 100 of them, which is causing a bit of lag too.

EDIT:

I managed to get the ships to move out of the Agean, they were just circling an island held by the USSR and once I took it they moved to the next one, I took that too and then they dispersed. Seemingly they were blockading the island with about 50 units, perhaps trying to clear it of enemy units ready to land troops.

EDIT2:

I also noticed that my speed suddenly increased after taking both islands, so goes to show how just solving that, makes my game run much quicker. That and maybe the BIOS update I did today helped me out.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

number47 wrote:
domcoppinger wrote: Maybe I should make that savegame available for download so Fistalis can check what the hell happens on Day 3? :lol: He is good at pinpointing the problems :D
When I get home, I'll add link for the 20march1968 savegame
link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54294796/20march1968.zip
That save game actually has everything you can imagine in it. Perfect for BG to see the problems I've been pointing out.
You have Destack issues in Hong Kong and on Hawaii.
You have masses of USSR troops "waiting for a safe Path"
:wink:
As I illustrated above.. fixing those issues increases game speed hugely.. but its a pain in the arse to have to do that in multiplayer mode Every few game months in order to keep it running smoothly. But alot of the slow down is not simply due to unit movement.. but the above issues.

Clearing out the destack bug alone improves game speed.. you can see it in the save game I posted above where I cleared out the destack issues via multiplayer.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Fistalis wrote:That save game actually has everything you can imagine in it. Perfect for BG to see the problems I've been pointing out.
Well ain't I the lucky one? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I feel blessed to have a savegame which consists of all the speed related issues happening at once :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, I just hope BG will have use of this save to fix the damn ( [_]O ) thing :-?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

FYI, from George;

- There is a facility under construction, causing demand that is unfilled.
- Stock gets used up resupplying Russian units in Israel (Russia has no stocks of its own).
Update 3 - stocks used by ally/transit units is now reported as part of our own demand/use so that numbers add up
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Balthagor wrote:FYI, from George;

- There is a facility under construction, causing demand that is unfilled.
- Stock gets used up resupplying Russian units in Israel (Russia has no stocks of its own).
Update 3 - stocks used by ally/transit units is now reported as part of our own demand/use so that numbers add up
Thanks, we figured that russians were to blame :evil: :lol: I fixed this by causing the new war so the russians left to conquer Finland (last post on the page, and first on the next) :lol:

Return to “Issues & Support”