Cannot build on captured land and capture cities from sea

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Asimov
Sergeant

Cannot build on captured land and capture cities from sea

Post by Asimov »

Hi, I was playing a 7.2.1 Taiwan. As proxy Vietnam War spread to China, I decided to take advantage of the distraction and try to carve out a slide of south-eastern mainland China for myself.

As I only have a few amphibious unit and one amphibious assault ship, I decide to use an trick dated from SR2020: land and capture a undefended empty hex on the long PRC coastline, then build a sea pier there with the help of engineers, then pour in heavy units once the pier is built with ordinary transports.
[_]O
To my surprise, this tactic doesn't work in SRCW. Computer refused to allow me to build on my newly captured hex.

Q1. Is this caused by the high loyalty to PRC of that hex?

As the indirect approach failed, I decided to do a Dieppe raid to get myself a pier. After lengthy pre-landing fire support, I landed my force directly at the pier hex, but found that I couldn't capture the hex even if the garrison has been eliminated. Some of force actually embarked on merchant marine and tried to return home!

Q2. Anyone know what's the problem?

Thank you.
SGTscuba
General

Re: Cannot build on captured land and capture cities from se

Post by SGTscuba »

Land some engineers there. Then put down a military complex on its own (take it you didnt take a town or facility, just a hex) and then once it has started building you should be able to then add your sea pier to it (may have to wait till mil complex is built first).

Hope that helps you.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040

Return to “Issues & Support”