UI Problem-No option to pay back loans

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Sergey Golovko
Captain

UI Problem-No option to pay back loans

Post by Sergey Golovko »

Hello everyone.

I have recently encountered an issue where there is not button on my financial advisor screen allowing me to take out/repay loans.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Sergey
A soldier fights for his comrades. I fought for my family. You and our troop were my only family. The workers and peasants may not understand, but your men will. Why do you think we loved you?
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: UI Problem-No option to pay back loans

Post by Fistalis »

Sergey Golovko wrote:Hello everyone.

I have recently encountered an issue where there is not button on my financial advisor screen allowing me to take out/repay loans.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Sergey
This is a "feature" they decided to allow your minister to handle that. (my modern world mod adds this option to all your games if you really want it)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Probe
Sergeant

Post by Probe »

I know I have no right to ask an explanation but honestly I don't know why they removed that feature.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It's been discussed before, if you search for bonds you'll find various comments.

Telling your minister to pay back bonds does essentially the same thing.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Probe
Sergeant

Post by Probe »

I've read through 3 of the 6 pages that come back on search results. The only discussion I've found is ministers can handle it so the feature was removed. In my mind, it's an unnecessary and detrimental simplification. It's in the players best interest to repay higher interest loans first, regardless of date. Sometimes you have the money and steady income to repay a loan but you're saving for an economic expansion.

In my eyes, despite or because of the previous discussion, taking away bond control from the player and replacing it with an on/off minister does it for you switch is a step in the wrong direction.

The modern world mod adds the option in and while I hope you reconsider, I am not troubled by having to modify a game to my personal liking.

Return to “Issues & Support”