Disappearing naval transports ... ?

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

nick-bang
Colonel
Human: Yes
Location: A dark and ominous room - only illuminated by the eerie light of a computerscreen

Disappearing naval transports ... ?

Post by nick-bang »

While playing as South Africa, my Ally Israel was attacked by palestinians and Egyptians. Naturally I wanted to punish them harshly for their insolence, so I chose to send a very small expetionary corps to Israel from SA.

As I have understood the naval transport system, then you choose a unit and point to a friendly seaport hex and give the order "transport by sea". Which I did (Haifa).

However as my 4 units (1 armor and 3 motorized infantry) reached my port at Richards Bay, strange things started to happen:
First the loaded into transports and then they unloaded again...

Even stranger they then drove by land to Durban where they loaded into another transport ... and promptly disappeared. Completely off the grid - both transports and landbased units.

Now am I missing something or does ticking off "Random Events" as "Very High", mean that there will be random bermuda triangles across the globe - one of them obviously located off the western coast of South Africa ?...?
Chauncey
Warrant Officer

Re: Disappearing naval transports ... ?

Post by Chauncey »

I recently noticed a similar phenomenon in a multiplayer game I was playing as USSR. I embarked several groups of ground units at Vladivostok and each one disappeared soon after changing to merhant marine. I discovered that they had entered into an almost untouchable ghost reserve. I say untouchable because I could still trade them away in a diplomatic deal, but they no longer appeared in my reserves and thus could not be re-deployed. So, with great sadness, I had no choice to but to sell off around 200 prime fighting units...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Anyone got a savegame of this?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Chauncey
Warrant Officer

Post by Chauncey »

I'll see if I can repeat the problem and then not sell them off this time. If I'm able to recreate it, would you like me to email the savegame to you with a specific ticket number?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Yes please, 16588

Please zip the file.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Chauncey
Warrant Officer

Post by Chauncey »

Well, go figure. Haven't been able to have the error repeat thus far. Though I guess that's actually a good thing. But I've only had time to play MP once for only about an hour since that post, so I'll be keeping an eye out for it still...
Chauncey
Warrant Officer

Post by Chauncey »

Balthagor,
Was able to repeat this error. I emailed you a zipped file of it. Please let me know if you need anything else.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Got it, might be a bit before I can look at it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

Not sure if related or reported...

Playing U3B3 as Taiwan at war with Indonesia...

Indonesia is sending merchant marines to invade one of my homeland ports. Of course, they are getting into an ambush and slowly take about 50% damage (early game ) and then, the MM disappear from the map! Not destroyed units are credited! They just vanish...

ETA:

The MM seem to changing course just before disappearing...
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"
-
Si vis pacem, para bellum
-
It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
Voltaire

Return to “Issues & Support”