Land not staying captured.

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Gracuul
Captain
Human: Yes

Land not staying captured.

Post by Gracuul »

No, this is not a supply issue. When I cap some towns or military bases and the land surrounding them, every once in a while they will go back to the host country after my battalion moves off of the hex. Also this issue gets more complex when I win the war and annex the country and the city/military base and some land surrounding said place stay with the country and no longer let me cap them. This keeps me at war status for the duration of the game, which gets expensive. Including a photo.
X.jpg
As you can see, all that is left is the military base for honduras. It shows that I am still at war with them, even though they dont show in the country list. I also cannot cap the hexes there and have already annexed the country.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Only the dead have seen the end of the war.
-George Santayana
Gracuul
Captain

Re: Land not staying captured.

Post by Gracuul »

X2.jpg
Seems like after it occurs once it is much more likely to happen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-George Santayana
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Do you have a savegame where this is reproducable?

Was this game started with 7.2.2 or before?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

I've seen this pop up.. but assumed it was the elusive "funding insurgents" option working. Since i've only personally seen it when Funding insurgencies and my allies fall, rarely they will pop back up with a few hexes after the war is over. All the times I've seen it was while playing/testing my modern world mod which is why I never brought it up. Which I can see is not the case for the OP, had I been able to easily recreate it in the campaign I would have mentioned it earlier.

My point is that its not an entirely isolated incident, but nor is it easy to recreate, or at least I haven't seen any specific conditions in which it is guaranteed to happen. Once it happens though its part of the game.. so if you can glean any info from a save game.

Also probably unrelated but I did notice a similar issue in certain instances with nations that start with cease fires. They still count as at war even after one nation falls.(I haven't attempted to reproduce this in the campaign so it may be specific to my mod I only bring it up because of the similarity to this issue)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Gracuul
Captain

Post by Gracuul »

Ok, email will be sent to you Balth. This is complicated. I managed to save the game before the event(which this time occurs in Lebanon). However, I tried to load the same game twice now and it will not reproduce. If you look to the south of lebanon you will see one hex of Israel still left, even though they are gone, and two hexes from jordan.
-George Santayana
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

I've had a glitch somewhat like this. Playing South Africa, 1949 sandbox (with Fistalis' Modern World mod). The USSR invades West Germany, takes most of the place. At some point, Hamburg changes hands (I think there were partisans, but was playing fog of war, so couldnt actually tell). Then suddenly a whole series of "City Captured" and "City Liberated" messages pop up about Hamburg--literally dozens, all on the same day. Then the Diplo icon shows "Unit Complete" and then the game CTDs.

Just happened yesterday and I haven't tried to see if it was repeatable.

Return to “Issues & Support”